Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

some good stuff coming out .anyone got a bigger pic of the aliens vs Dredd vs predator cover?

Dash Decent

Lots of good stuff there.  Good to see the dailies, Return to Armageddon and the eBooks all getting a look-in.  Nice to see more Rogue & Psi Files too (love that Psi files cover!).

Does the catalogue make posting cover pictures and dates here redundant?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Judge Nutmeg

no because they are tiny in there

hippynumber1

And we need to know when they're listed for pre-order on Amazon!

Bat King

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 November, 2013, 02:22:10 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 October, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
According to Digital Spy, a Kingdom novel, "Kingdom: Fiefdom" will be published in print and e-book format in July 2014.  Dan Abnett and Nik Vincent are the authors, and the story is set 100 years after the prog strip.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/comics/news/a517946/dan-abnett-writing-2000-ad-kingdom-novel.html

It's now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Fiefdom: A Kingdom Novel

by Dan Abnett and Nik Vincent
5th August 2014, 384 pages, Abaddon Books

I'm looking forward to this and will snap it up as soon as it is available.

I predicted the e-book!!!  http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/fiefdom-an-original-novel-coming-soon-by-dan-abnett-and-nik-vincent/
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Man, that (final!) Slaine volume has an incredible cover.  Can't wait for that one. 

Also, Disaster Squads?  Have I been misreading that subtitle all these years?

Ancient Otter

What the story with the Ro-Busters book, why do we need a new edition?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 09 December, 2013, 10:52:26 PM
What the story with the Ro-Busters book, why do we need a new edition?

One with a decent cover?
@jamesfeistdraws

glassstanley

Be nice if they re-instate the original dialogue at the end of Hammerstein's War Memoirs...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 December, 2013, 02:59:27 PM
Yeah some great stuff there. So happy to see 'Return to Armageddon' get the outing it so richly deserves.

I'm intrigued to see the content of Swimming in Blood and Psi Files 4 to see if they justify the purchase.
Psi Files 4 definitely will.

No mention on whether ABC Warriors will feature the original centrespreads in glorious technicolour. An unmissable purchase if it does, still pretty high on the list if it doesn't.
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Noice line up for 2014. Slightly disapointed that they are all revealed now. Kind of takes the excitement of anticipation of their announcement out of the whole year.

Really hoping these all see digital release as well. The 2000 AD shop was recently updated with 3 new trades. None of them having digital editions. Very disheartening.

Also, what's up with Nikolia Dante Vol.3 getting a rename? Is it going to reprint Tzar Wars Vol.1 as well? That'll making the numbering all goofy no doubt.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 December, 2013, 07:52:39 AM
Also, what's up with Nikolia Dante Vol.3 getting a rename? Is it going to reprint Tzar Wars Vol.1 as well? That'll making the numbering all goofy no doubt.
I doubt it (Love and War is the name of the final story in the original volume as well as part of Tsar Wars) but I did mean to mention that stroke of completist baiting genius.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 December, 2013, 07:52:39 AM

It might well but I reckon two Dante volumes in one year should be enough to keep us happy. Its now up to us to buy the hell out of these to make sure Tsar Wars 1 gets done.

Hawkmumbler

Yup. Strange how The Romanov Dynasty isn't getting reprinted....

The Adventurer

Romanov Dynasty got reprinted by S&S as Too Cool to Kill very recently, so it totally makes sense* for Rebellion to skip it. According to the 'Still Available' section of the catalog, Tsar Wars 1 and 2 are still available directly from Rebellion. So I don't much see the need of a reprinting. Yet.

*makes sense. But the quest to get a proper Dante Vol.1 spine is sure to be a plague upon collectors for ages to come.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK