Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Brian on 11 December, 2013, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 December, 2013, 09:20:50 PM
Quote from: Dan Banks on 11 December, 2013, 08:42:43 PM
Liking the look of the new Dante books chaps, seems like now is the time to get involved! Can anyone point me towards volume 1? Preferably with a cover that matches the new ones?!
As far as I'm aware, your choice is between the old DC/Rebellion Romanov Dynasty or the new Too Cool To Kill, neither of which matches. The latter is a far superior print though.

Why is it superior? I have the DC one & it seems fine to me. Does it have more stuff?
Better print quality. Nice and glossy.

Judge Brian

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 December, 2013, 11:51:53 PM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 11 December, 2013, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 December, 2013, 09:20:50 PM
Quote from: Dan Banks on 11 December, 2013, 08:42:43 PM
Liking the look of the new Dante books chaps, seems like now is the time to get involved! Can anyone point me towards volume 1? Preferably with a cover that matches the new ones?!
As far as I'm aware, your choice is between the old DC/Rebellion Romanov Dynasty or the new Too Cool To Kill, neither of which matches. The latter is a far superior print though.

Why is it superior? I have the DC one & it seems fine to me. Does it have more stuff?
Better print quality. Nice and glossy.

I actually like the less glossy paper on the older DC/Rebellion trades. I'll have to track one down & look at it.

Thanks.

glassstanley

Quote from: The Cosh on 10 December, 2013, 07:48:49 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 December, 2013, 02:59:27 PM
Yeah some great stuff there. So happy to see 'Return to Armageddon' get the outing it so richly deserves.

I'm intrigued to see the content of Swimming in Blood and Psi Files 4 to see if they justify the purchase.
Psi Files 4 definitely will.

No mention on whether ABC Warriors will feature the original centrespreads in glorious technicolour. An unmissable purchase if it does, still pretty high on the list if it doesn't.

There's also a mis-print that needs fixing in the current Rebellion & S&S editions. The series title for the second episode of the Deadlock intro story can't decide what the 'ABC' stands for.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 July, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

Banzai Battalion: Just Another Bug Hunt - 160 pages, March 2014

Fear not, fellow forumites.  Dash here again keeping you covered.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

QuoteNo mention on whether ABC Warriors will feature the original centrespreads in glorious technicolour. An unmissable purchase if it does, still pretty high on the list if it doesn't.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure 2000ad confirmed it would have the colour centre spreads on their facebook page.

I'm tempted to buy the first two Mek Files, and I don't even like ABC Warriors.

James Stacey

As long as hardback JD Casefiles follow with similar colour spreads we'll all be happy and there will be no need for violence*

(*well sulking)

Molch-R

Quote from: radiator on 13 December, 2013, 12:33:11 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure 2000ad confirmed it would have the colour centre spreads on their facebook page.

Correct.

No plans for hardback Judge Dredd Case Files though.

James Stacey

Molch-R

James Stacey

Quote from: Molch-R on 13 December, 2013, 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 13 December, 2013, 02:41:44 PM
#sulk#

Don't sulk, Earthlet.

You re-release Dante as asked, release the Dredd Dailys as asked, we are just too used to getting our own way. :D

IronGraham

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 December, 2013, 03:41:52 PM
#sulk#

Don't sulk, Earthlet.

You re-release Dante as asked, release the Dredd Dailys as asked, we are just too used to getting our own way. :D

Yeah, let us sulk you've only got yourself to blame for spoiling us so mucn :I
We're werewolves not swearwolves

TordelBack

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 December, 2013, 03:41:52 PM
#sulk#

Don't sulk, Earthlet.

I think you're forgetting Zenith and Return to Armageddon.  Frankly I'm expecting Keef round my house to do the washing-up any... minute.... now...

glassstanley

Those colour ABC Warrior centre-spreads are fantastic. Hopefully that means we won't be treated to the 'Comic.Bacterial.Chemical Warriors' on the Ewins/Deadlock strip again!

Fingers crossed that the Black Hole storyline will have the pages from Prog 575 in the correct order (the mistake crept into the S&S edition, as well).

TordelBack

The bottle!  The bottle!  The bottle!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 December, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
The bottle!  The bottle!  The bottle!

I had one of those, but I lost it...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.