Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

What TB said.
If you consider this fiddling as abridgement, I'd vote for unabridged every time.
Have Rebellion ever asked the readership about this? The Megazine floppy springs to mind.

Judge Brian

There is one story there Simon had drawn an establishing shot of a city scape for the first panel of chapter 2. The original has a one line recap & a note of what city they are in, now it's blank. So in the middle of a confrontation there is a random wordless panel of a cityscape.

Colin YNWA

Apologise of this has been put up somewhere before but I've not seen it. Some images for up-coming Thrills over at Robot 6. That Paul Grist strip in the Meg looks particularly nice... even if it might be responsible for us not getting any Mudman for over a year!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/01/2000ad-offers-peek-at-paul-grists-demon-nic-plus-more-thrills/

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 January, 2014, 02:15:34 PM
Apologise of this has been put up somewhere before but I've not seen it. Some images for up-coming Thrills over at Robot 6. That Paul Grist strip in the Meg looks particularly nice... even if it might be responsible for us not getting any Mudman for over a year!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/01/2000ad-offers-peek-at-paul-grists-demon-nic-plus-more-thrills/

Looks great! Especially Dark Justice this summer! Wonder if it'll start around the same time Day of Chaos: Fallout is released (june5) ? Would make a good fit.

Dark Justice is also said to be a multi part epic sounds really nice  :D

O Lucky Stevie!

The mighty Phil Winslade draws a comic that Stevie actually wants to read for the first time in two decades!?

GET THE SNUT IN!  :) :) :) :) :)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Link Prime

What Stevie said.

Dear Lord.

Fungus

Looks like Dan Abnett got a promotion.

Dash Decent

I saw that and liked it too.

So, all those stars. A Texas City Judge or some kind of Cursed Earth sheriff?

I like the design of the bolero jacket, with the integrated shoulder pads and the pouches matching those on the belt.

Not so sure about the title "Demon Nic".  It's obviously meant to be 'demonic' but the verbal connection jars a bit.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 December, 2013, 03:34:56 PM
As I know I've ranted before, if the writer and artists produced a strip the specific intent that it be best presented as an unbroken story, then that's fine (although I suspect it would be a rare beast that would work like this and read well week-to-week).  Otherwise, leave it alone.

I love the earlier Case Files, with their unremovable captions.  Reading the newer trades leaves me feeling breathless as I can never work out where to stop.  It's like trying to read the Hound of the Baskervilles served up as one long block of text with no chapter breaks.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Adventurer

QuoteNot so sure about the title "Demon Nic".  It's obviously meant to be 'demonic' but the verbal connection jars a bit.

Dominic?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 January, 2014, 04:41:34 AM
QuoteNot so sure about the title "Demon Nic".  It's obviously meant to be 'demonic' but the verbal connection jars a bit.

Dominic?
The twist has been rumbled. No need to publish the strip.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 January, 2014, 03:25:00 AM

So, all those stars. A Texas City Judge...?

Snap. Stevie's thoughts exactly. If Lawless is half as thrill-powered as Insurrection then it's  going to be a right corker & no mistake.

Excited
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

All the promised trades for 2014 seem to be pre-listed at Amazon UK, including the two early Dantes, the first two Zenith volumes, etc.

A quick selection of links -

Judge Dredd Day of Chaos: Fallout
- 5 Jun 2014, 240 pages

Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu Earth 4
- John Smith, Gordon Rennie, Andy Diggle, Steve Dillon, Simon Coleby, Staz Johnson. 19 Jun 2014, 288 pages

Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 04
- 17 July 2014, 304 pages

Return to Armageddon
- 14 Aug 2014, 144 pages

Judge Dredd: v. 23: The Complete Case Files
- 14 Aug 2014, 320 pages

Predator vs Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus and More
- 11 Sep 2014, 208 pages

Age of the Wolf - 23 Oct 2014, 160 pages

The Daily Dredds: v. 1
- 6 Nov 2014, 320 pages

Brass Sun
- 4 Dec 2014, 208 pages
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

hippynumber1

And good news for us fans of John Cooper, Titan are continuing their Johnny Red series. Book 4: England or Bust is up for pre-order now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1848564449/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dash Decent

Also up for pre-order at Amazon UK, the physical collection of the e-books by Smith, Carroll and Ewing.  Look on their works, ye mighty, and despair!

Judge Dredd: Year One: Omnibus - 6 Nov 2014
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll