Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

As per Stevie's post  of 15/12/13:

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 16 December, 2013, 02:54:56 AM
This fills Stevie with an infundibulum of delight. Fingers crossed that this means matching editions of Nemesis & early Slaine in the same format further down the line.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Frank

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 24 January, 2014, 02:06:51 AM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 22 January, 2014, 07:11:20 PM
Black Shuck

Am so looking forward to posting that to the Alan Moore Facebook group.

Trouble maker. The art on that looks extraordinary, and should go some way to addressing the criticism of detail fiends who dislike Yeowell's use of negative space. When he really engages with the material he's illustrating there aren't many who can touch him.

TordelBack

Hope to goodness somebody sensible is colouring this, although I really wish no-one was. Most preferably not Yeowell himself.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 January, 2014, 08:32:23 PM
Hope to goodness somebody sensible is colouring this, although I really wish no-one was. Most preferably not Yeowell himself.

I've got Alan Craddock's number.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 24 January, 2014, 08:38:45 PM

You're a funny guy... That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

...although I really wish no-one was...

Surely this. We have no indication that this (Black Shuck) will be in colour and with the Mighty Yeowell on art I really hope we get some black and white viking goodness.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 25 January, 2014, 07:10:28 AM
...although I really wish no-one was...

Surely this. We have no indication that this (Black Shuck) will be in colour and with the Mighty Yeowell on art I really hope we get some black and white viking goodness.

Alas, from the linked article: 
Quoteit's going to be in color throughout its nine-part series.

I'll send Tharg a fiver if it's Peter Doherty on the fingerpaints.  And a tenner if it's in B&W.

I don't think Steve's art takes colour well unless it is handled with extreme subtlety, and despite the fact that his own colouring is obviously a deliberate and considered style, I don't personally like it.  Yeowell is one of the most original and creative B&W artists of all, no need to cover him up.

Although that's not to say I'm not really looking forward to this.

IronGraham

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 January, 2014, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 24 January, 2014, 08:38:45 PM

You're a funny guy... That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Cheers!

Jim

Remember when I said I'd kill you last... I lied
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 January, 2014, 08:27:30 AM
I don't think Steve's art takes colour well unless it is handled with extreme subtlety, and despite the fact that his own colouring is obviously a deliberate and considered style, I don't personally like it.  Yeowell is one of the most original and creative B&W artists of all, no need to cover him up.

Precisely.

O Lucky Stevie!

Both hands way  up in the Van Allen Belt with you on that one. But even withnames like that attached, color [sic] is an easier  sell on the eventual trade in the septic market.

judgerufian

Im sure I will enjoy Steve Yeowell on crazy fantasy stuff again as his current run on DeMarco in the Meg isnt doing much for me. I have always found his drawings of Judges a bit stiff.

That said I am slightly worried that it will just seem like the further adventures of The Red Seas gang (which wasnt my favourite story) so looking forward to seeing my fears dashed against a very large negative space.

glassstanley

Do we have any information about the 'Judge Dredd: The XXX Files' that's available for per-order on amazon?

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.