Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 31 January, 2014, 03:30:09 PM
Incubus and other stories? Not just vs. Predator then? But what could it be? Colour me curious....

I assume Jock & Bolland are listed because of a covers gallery, but what's the red writing to the right of Jock's credit?  "And more"?  "And Zocko"?  "And 2000AD"?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Apestrife

Day of Chaos: Fallout, any ideas what stories that will be included?

Being John Wagner, Alan Grant, Rob Williams, Trevor Hairsine and Ben Willsher as writers.

Alan for example, that mean the latest Anderson will be in it?

Rob should mean the Closet story is included, and Wagner the one with Judge Bender?

I'v haven't read much of it, but I'v heard about some of it. Dredd facing blame, judge clones and russian refugees. Anything more?

radiator

I'd say the Wagner stories Bender and Wastelands are a given, and looking at the credits probably Michael Carrol's Dolman arc and probably Rob Williams arc too - I'd guess the stories with that SJS judge. Not sure about Grant - my grasp of recent Dredd is a little patchy.

Mabs

Quote from: Apestrife on 31 January, 2014, 11:41:06 PM
Day of Chaos: Fallout, any ideas what stories that will be included?

Being John Wagner, Alan Grant, Rob Williams, Trevor Hairsine and Ben Willsher as writers.

Alan for example, that mean the latest Anderson will be in it?

Rob should mean the Closet story is included, and Wagner the one with Judge Bender?

I'v haven't read much of it, but I'v heard about some of it. Dredd facing blame, judge clones and russian refugees. Anything more?

I'm really intrigued by this forthcoming title. Of course I probably would've read some, if not most of it in the Prog, but this'll definitely be high on my shopping list when it comes out.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Judge Brian

Hopefully the Grant story will be the Dredd/Anderson story from Meg 330.

I, Cosh

You do all realise these aren't necessarily the final covers?
We never really die.

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 01 February, 2014, 12:24:48 AM
I'd say the Wagner stories Bender and Wastelands are a given, and looking at the credits probably Michael Carrol's Dolman arc and probably Rob Williams arc too - I'd guess the stories with that SJS judge. Not sure about Grant - my grasp of recent Dredd is a little patchy.

I'v read Bender and Wastelands, and also the clone story where they go looking for the Dredd clone gone missing. I remember Bender and the clone chase being really good, Wasteland felt a bit like a wasted opportunity due to the ending not being the best one.

Quote from: Mabs on 01 February, 2014, 01:10:36 AMI'm really intrigued by this forthcoming title. Of course I probably would've read some, if not most of it in the Prog, but this'll definitely be high on my shopping list when it comes out.

I hope they find a thread for the stories to lean on, similar to how Tour of duty worked in collected form. I also hope there's some stuff that could be tied into Dark Justice (That should start in the prog shortly after Fallout it released). The doubt angle could perhaps be a good one. One I think Grant's latest Anderson story seems to be nailing (also the first Anderson in years, for me, that's been an actual good read).

Also hope that "The man comes around" will be included. Would make a nice ending :)

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 February, 2014, 07:06:04 AM

Of the lot I posted yesterday, only Fallout and the Mek Files are marked as "Not Final Cover" in the Rebellion 2014 catalogue, so we can take Case Files 23, Anderson 4, Rogue 4, Return to Armageddon, and Aliens vs Dredd vs Predator as final.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

I, Cosh

The Rogue 4 which clearly has the wrong Prog numbers on it?
We never really die.

Dash Decent

Good spotting - though I thought you meant the images rather than the text.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Robo-K33F

Quote from: radiator on 01 February, 2014, 12:24:48 AM

Debris (Progs 1792 to 1796)
Innocent (Progs 1798 to 1799)
Payback (Progs 1801 to 1802)
Sealed (Prog 1816)
The Pits (Meg 332)
Save Him (Prog 1819)
Wolves (Progs 1820 to 1822)
Cypher (Progs 1824 to 1825)
The Forsaken (Progs 1830 to 1835)
Skulls1 (Prog 1836)
Power Struggle (Meg 336)
Wastelands (Progs 1837 to 1841)
Bender (Progs 1845 to 1849)

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 February, 2014, 11:44:13 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 01 February, 2014, 07:06:04 AM

Of the lot I posted yesterday, only Fallout and the Mek Files are marked as "Not Final Cover" in the Rebellion 2014 catalogue, so we can take Case Files 23, Anderson 4, Rogue 4, Return to Armageddon, and Aliens vs Dredd vs Predator as final.

"Not Final Cover" is in reference to the cover art only. We are aware that the info on some of these covers is incorrect - these placeholders are usually put together long before final content has been finalised.

Quick update - that Fallout cover is the final cover.

BPP

Sad to see Wagner's Dredd mixed in with not-Wagner Dredd. Am not given to criticising on here but post-Trifecta there was a lot of stuff that simply hasn't been my cup of tea. Rob Williams being the honourable exception.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

smiffy

Quote from: Leigh S on 31 January, 2014, 05:42:35 PM
REturn to Armageddon wins my vote... lovely new Redondo cover... if only they could get him to redraw the one (?) episode he didnt do

What Leigh S said! Lovely cover. Looking forward to buying this.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 04 February, 2014, 01:41:40 PM
Debris (Progs 1792 to 1796)
Innocent (Progs 1798 to 1799)
Payback (Progs 1801 to 1802)
Sealed (Prog 1816)
The Pits (Meg 332)
Save Him (Prog 1819)
Wolves (Progs 1820 to 1822)
Cypher (Progs 1824 to 1825)
The Forsaken (Progs 1830 to 1835)
Skulls1 (Prog 1836)
Power Struggle (Meg 336)
Wastelands (Progs 1837 to 1841)
Bender (Progs 1845 to 1849)

Woohoo! By my calculations, that's 212 pages, of which 114 were written by me!

--Mike