Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Whatever happened to the second Major Eazy collection? Colin? :|

Colin YNWA

Never happened. Given that we've seen Rat Pack show up at The Works got to think some of the collections didn't sell too well and we'll not see much more. With any luck the stuff under the Ennis banner will do better and we'll get more stuff that wAy?

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 March, 2014, 02:15:21 PM
Never happened. Given that we've seen Rat Pack show up at The Works got to think some of the collections didn't sell too well and we'll not see much more. With any luck the stuff under the Ennis banner will do better and we'll get more stuff that wAy?

Given that Garth says in his introduction to 'HMS Nightshade' that the only way the recent (excellent) collection got published at all was by using his name on the front, I expect you are sadly right about low sales on these books. It's a shame - like Lew Stringer said on his blog when discussing Hibernia's new Tower King book, the history of UK comics (with certain exceptions) is not well represented in modern trade form.

Hawkmumbler

Well that sucks. Major Eazy was my favourite Battle reprint. That being said I had, until the i'll fated Rat Pack, only bought Cross of Iron and Darkies Mob. Not got round to buying Johnny Red or Charleys War.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 02 March, 2014, 03:06:50 PM
Not got round to buying Johnny Red or Charleys War.

I know you have a long list of stuff to get and I'll probably say the same about the interest you've shown in Cinebook publications (if you want recommendations there just ask but if you can get to an event they are at its well worth waiting as they have great offers at events), but you should defo get around to both of those they are both brilliant. Charley's in particular.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 March, 2014, 07:32:59 AM
Wagner, Smith, Eglington, and Kek-W almost make up for the blackhole that is Slaine.

Some great artists in that mix too.
I'm eagerly anticipating Simon Davis' take on Slaine, am quite a fan of Vince Locke and think John McCrea is currently producing some of the best stuff of his career.

The Adventurer

I totally glossed over Davis on Slaine.

Okay Slaine, you've got one shot. Don't screw this up.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Monarch

indigo  prime wooooooooooohooooooo

Bongo_clive

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 March, 2014, 04:32:27 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 02 March, 2014, 03:06:50 PM
Not got round to buying Johnny Red or Charleys War.

I know you have a long list of stuff to get and I'll probably say the same about the interest you've shown in Cinebook publications (if you want recommendations there just ask but if you can get to an event they are at its well worth waiting as they have great offers at events), but you should defo get around to both of those they are both brilliant. Charley's in particular.

I second this. And thrice it. Charley's War must be one of the finest examples in the comic book field. Brilliant in every way.

ThryllSeekyr

Is Slaine in the next prog?

James Stacey

Dash Decent

Well, now we know why the Kingdom hardback is such a high price - it's signed.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ThryllSeekyr

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from:

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 March, 2014, 02:15:21 PM
Given that Garth says in his introduction to 'HMS Nightshade' that the only way the recent (excellent) collection got published at all was by using his name on the front, I expect you are sadly right about low sales on these books. ]

Sales of which may have been  higher is Diamond US had actually filled their all of their pre-orders.

Just putting that out there.

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 01 March, 2014, 10:30:52 PM
and there's terror on the tundra in 'Colony' by Kek-W and Vince Locke! (NOTE: Pack contains #1880-1883.)

Stevie's calling that as a Colony Earth reboot. Can't wait.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dodsy

Quote from: James Stacey on 05 March, 2014, 01:35:20 PM
I assume 1874 jump on prog will be when it starts
http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/2000_ad_prog_1874

Is the price of the prog going up again? The jumping on prog is selling for £2.45 in the store.
Twitter - @dodsy84