Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2014, 02:52:09 PMFor the record: "Michael" has the A before the E (it's AlphabEtical, you see!), and there are two Ls (and two Rs) in "Carroll"

-- Mike

There's a student at the college where I work who has his name spelt the other way '(Micheal') but that's pretty unusual to be sure. He's also Nigerian so English wouldn't have been is parents' first language. I actually spelt it the (to me eye) correct the way and he corrected me! Heh.

Article writers should really check this stuff though.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 March, 2014, 03:11:21 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 15 March, 2014, 02:09:16 PM
The Thrills keep a-comin; http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/80518-rebellion-diamond-retailer-day-return-robo-hunter-rogue-trooper-new-zenith-art-more-dredd-movie-sequel-comics-paul-grists-demon-nic.html

Interesting, Bleeding Cool says "Oh yes, and new Zenith art by Steve Yeowell for the first paperback collection", confirming we're not just getting individual Zenith Phase hardbacks from Rebellion but paperbacks as well.

That's an error by Bleeding Cool - these editions are hardback only.

Molch-R

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
And Mike Carroll can now finally spill the (cool) beans about those Nick Percival pages he views on his iPad every night before going to sleep.

iPad? Pfff! I don't think so!

Thanks for the link! It's odd, though, how many people seem to be unable to spell my name... Surely neither "Michael" nor "Carroll" are that unusual?

For the record: "Michael" has the A before the E (it's AlphabEtical, you see!), and there are two Ls (and two Rs) in "Carroll"

-- Mike

Sorry, Mike - that's the product of B3N hurriedly putting that presentation together the day before (see also mispelling of Emma's name and any other typos on those slides)

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 March, 2014, 05:02:45 PM
Sorry, Mike - that's the product of B3N hurriedly putting that presentation together the day before (see also mispelling of Emma's name and any other typos on those slides)

Bloody prima donnas, just call 'em all Yer Man and have done with it.  Except Emma, obviously.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 March, 2014, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
And Mike Carroll can now finally spill the (cool) beans about those Nick Percival pages he views on his iPad every night before going to sleep.

iPad? Pfff! I don't think so!

Thanks for the link! It's odd, though, how many people seem to be unable to spell my name... Surely neither "Michael" nor "Carroll" are that unusual?

For the record: "Michael" has the A before the E (it's AlphabEtical, you see!), and there are two Ls (and two Rs) in "Carroll"

-- Mike

No worries - as long as my name's spelled correctly on the comics and books, I'm happy! (Also: it's nowhere near as bad as the time someone misspelled my surname as "Scott").

-- Mike

TordelBack

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2014, 08:56:53 PMAlso: it's nowhere near as bad as the time someone misspelled my surname as "Scott").

They deserve a bang on the ear.

The Adventurer

Return of Robo-Hunter is an interesting development. Disapointed it doesn't appear to be about Samantha thou.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Some really intriguing stuff in that Special by the sound and really looking forward to seeing what's in there BUT have to agree with Adventurer would personally much prefer to see Samantha finish up her story rather than her Granddad being rolled out again.

Come on what could possibly go wrong with returning a replacement character that wasn't that popular in the first place, which created division amomgst the creative droids (apparently) and got left with a now 7 year old cliffhanger that very few readers either remember or care about... damnit I'm not helping my case there am I...

...where's Grant Goggins to fight ya corner when you need him?

The Adventurer

A return of Samantha Slade is super easy; A) you gloss over her cliffhanger and have her back in the robo hunting status quo (perhaps in Paris full time?), B) do a quick reminder of her relationship with her grandfather, and C) throw Hoggie and Stogie into the sun. And you're good to go.

Then use the 2nd story to tie up cliffhanger loose ends.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SmallBlueThing

Sorry, I'm all confused- is this an actual new, separate magazine "summer special"- ie something I have to go on holiday to Blackpool with my mum and dad and buy from a tatty rack in an unfamiliar newsagents before losing myself in it for the rest of the week? Or is it just a codeword for this year's summer offensive?

SBT

Steve Green

I read it as a separate magazine since it's distinct from Forthcoming Thrills.

I may be completely wrong though.

Colin YNWA

Not seen it mentioned here, but sorry if I missed it. In the second part of the ECBT 2000ad Pat Mills interview it was revealed that Flesh will return with Clint Langley on art. Some way off as its not even written yet so will be a while.

In two minds about this, really pleased the story is coming back but not convinced Clint Langley is the artist I want to see on the series. Still will have to wait and see and hope it all turns out lovely.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 March, 2014, 12:50:09 PM
Flesh will return with Clint Langley on art.

I think... yes, yes, I've just cum.

And Steve- that's how I read it too, but these days you never know, what with the twisty-turny hype machine. Let's hope it is, as I honestly miss the specials and annuals so much it hurts.

SBT

Judge Brian

B&W Langley is amazing. Color Langley is fairly awful.

I'm hoping that Flesh is still in B&W.

Frank

Quote from: Judge Brian on 16 March, 2014, 01:12:20 PM
B&W Langley is amazing. Color Langley is fairly awful. I'm hoping that Flesh is still in B&W.

I'm sure I remember Mills saying Langley's Flesh will be rendered in black and white, in the podcast mentioned above. Langley and Mills have collaborated on dinosaur comics before, and I think he's a great fit for the strip: