Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Quote from: Spikes on 14 March, 2014, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 14 March, 2014, 02:24:48 PM
Does anyone remember the Robocop Vs The Terminator mini-series that came out in the mid 90s?  It was only a 4-parter and each comic included a cardboard stand-up of Robocop, Terminator, ED-209.  90s me was all over this but it had never been reprinted........until now.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1602/dark-horse-release-new-editions-frank-miller-walte

Now, I know some may not exactly see this as a classic - it's pretty basic with a lot of the characters and perhaps does get a little carried away towards the end but as I recall it worked pretty well.  Of all the Robocop/Terminator comics I have read, this is one of the best.

Yes, its a pretty darn good comic. I've often re-read this, and this post has reminded me that its due another airing.
Following that link, its not totally clear (or maybe im missing the obvious), but is that reprint an artists edition? ie; All original art?

I think there are two versions coming out:

A regular sized hardback with re-coloured artwork.

An oversized hardback that reproduces the original art at full size in b&w.  This one sounds good but is very expensive - $125.  I like it, but not that much!

Molch-R

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 March, 2014, 09:56:58 AM
is this an actual new, separate magazine "summer special"

Yes. Out on May 28th, I understand.

Hawkmumbler

That will explain why they went to all the trouble of creating a new section in the app called 'specials' rather than just lumping underbelly in the Dredd GN's. Super excited about that.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Molch-R on 17 March, 2014, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 March, 2014, 09:56:58 AM
is this an actual new, separate magazine "summer special"

Yes. Out on May 28th, I understand.

W00t!!!

SBT

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 March, 2014, 07:01:58 AM
Some really intriguing stuff in that Special by the sound and really looking forward to seeing what's in there BUT have to agree with Adventurer would personally much prefer to see Samantha finish up her story rather than her Granddad being rolled out again.

Come on what could possibly go wrong with returning a replacement character that wasn't that popular in the first place, which created division amomgst the creative droids (apparently) and got left with a now 7 year old cliffhanger that very few readers either remember or care about... damnit I'm not helping my case there am I...

...where's Grant Goggins to fight ya corner when you need him?

He's wondering why, after all this time, you're misspellin' his name.  *sob

Well, it's not like I didn't make the case for Samantha loudly, and fought the good fight.  Tharg knows how I feel.

So, sadly, we'll have to move on.  I don't recognize the artist, but I like Alec Worley's work a whole heck of a lot.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll do with our old pal.  I hope that it's a successful one-off and that it leads to a longer story in the prog.

And I hope that Worley has studied the original to know that Sam's adventures are so memorable because of the escalating chaos that the hero has to overcome.  And I hope that Tharg will give him the space, in weekly stories, to stretch out the lunacy, to make Sam suffer through games of Monopoly, kisses by Clark Cable, or being strapped to a chair for an entire episode.  The shot glass of rocket fuel approach doesn't apply to Sam Slade.

And I hope that Tharg doesn't say "Hey, that was good.  Let's do another six week adventure again, two and a half years down the road!"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 18 March, 2014, 08:33:44 AM
He's wondering why, after all this time, you're misspellin' his name.  *sob

Ah Grant but you can't go treating me like that. Abandon me for weeks then come rolling in at whatever time of night you call this, excepting me to remember complex stuff like your name and what not.

I think the whole of the Summer Special ideas wise seems very exciting. Lets hope the execution lives up to that.

Colin Zeal

I'm really looking forward to the return of the summer special as I always enjoyed the previous ones. One other good thing it suggests to me is that sales of the Prog and Meg are strong enough that Rebellion can try this from a position of confidence that it will sell. If that is the case then it really is very good news.

Skullmo

So does this mean we can expect a summer this year?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Prodigal2

A summer special?

Those words alone make me drool for adventure, pop, ice-cream and the sound of the sea.............

Judge Nutmeg

i know we get the end of year bumper progs but i'd be will to pay more for a nice yearbook/annual like the old days

LeeCarter_Artdroid

Hi all, just lifting my head from the drawing board, may have forgot how to do that :), anyway thought that some people may be interested in seeing some sneak previews of Indigo Prime, a few non spoilers and a few panel close ups..     
http://mrleecarter.deviantart.com/gallery/
or
http://mrleecarter.blogspot.co.uk/

cheers :)
lee

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 19 March, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
i know we get the end of year bumper progs but i'd be will to pay more for a nice yearbook/annual like the old days

Quoth Andy Diggle, when asked why the annuals/yearbooks were discontinued: "Because nobody bought them."

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: LeeCarter_Artdroid on 20 March, 2014, 11:38:42 AM
Hi all, just lifting my head from the drawing board, may have forgot how to do that :), anyway thought that some people may be interested in seeing some sneak previews of Indigo Prime, a few non spoilers and a few panel close ups..     

Those are great - really looking forward to more Indigo Prime, and those really whet the appetite.  That Perfect Day spread is just incredible...   :)

TordelBack

Quote from: LeeCarter_Artdroid on 20 March, 2014, 11:38:42 AM

Look, you had me at 'John Smith and Lee Carter', never mind Indigo Prime, and never mind this:   :o

James Stacey