Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: LeeCarter_Artdroid on 20 March, 2014, 11:38:42 AM
a few non spoilers and a few panel close ups..

Nazi Reptiles? Has Stalag 666 taught us nothing?!

I hope John's ready for an interesting post bag... :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Frank

Hi all, just lifting my head from the drawing board, may have forgot how to do that :), anyway thought that some people may be interested in seeing some sneak previews of Indigo Prime, a few non spoilers and a few panel close ups.. 

http://mrleecarter.deviantart.com/gallery/
or
http://mrleecarter.blogspot.co.uk/

Even if the story turns out to be about the characters finding a magic whistle, that art means it'll be one of the highlights of the year. Remember all those stories about HD telly, where manufacturers claimed to be worried folk would experience cognitive dissonance and motion sickness because of the pin-sharp detail of the imagery, and try to walk through big tellies because they think they're doorways? That's the uncanny feeling of staring at those pages.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 March, 2014, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2014, 08:56:53 PMAlso: it's nowhere near as bad as the time someone misspelled my surname as "Scott").

They deserve a bang on the ear.

Don't worry, TB, I saw what you did there...

LeeCarter_Artdroid

Thanks all :), really enjoying drawing from Johns scripts,
no need for anything to be sent in the post Jim :)
and cheers sauchie :),  one of the pages I haven't shown made my eyes bleed :), I may have got carried away with myself on some of the  pages :)

TordelBack

Is that really a giant octopus juggling radioactive meerkats?  Just when you think meerkats might be played out...  :o

LeeCarter_Artdroid

That was Johns very words, think it's balancing on a step ladder too,,, talented :)

Frank

What's it like working with John Smith, Lee? I'd imagine the level of insanity in his work means his description of the stuff he's asking you to visualize would make Alan Moore's famously lengthy panel descriptions look like hastily scrawled post-it notes.

Does he explain all the complicated ideas he's trying to put across, and tell you exactly how he wants things to look, or does he just tell you to he wants five panels on a page and trust you to fill it with Luis Bunuel-meets-Reeves and Mortimer wallpaper?

LeeCarter_Artdroid

It's great working with John and I have said it before it's such a shame people dont get to see the full scripts descriptions. As it's such a amazing read in it self :)
So yup I would imagine johns scripts take quite a few a4 print outs

dweezil2

That Indigo Prime art is amazing!   :o

Can't wait!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Monarch

i would pay many groats for a john smith script book

also dat art i never thought anyone could top chris weston....but my god

O Lucky Stevie!

Snap. & not some pixelly ebook either but a proper hard copy with design sketches & whatnot.

Same goes for Pat Mills.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Bat King

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 March, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 19 March, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
i know we get the end of year bumper progs but i'd be will to pay more for a nice yearbook/annual like the old days

Quoth Andy Diggle, when asked why the annuals/yearbooks were discontinued: "Because nobody bought them."

Cheers

Jim

Everybody that did buy them is probably on here... Full set :)

I too would love to see Annuals again. I guess we'd be paying at least £15.00... £20.00 maybe for anything close to what we used to get as a hardcover. I know I'd be unwrapping one on Christmas Day though :)

Guess it is less likely than a Dredd Sequel :(
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 March, 2014, 11:45:57 AM
Hi all, just lifting my head from the drawing board, may have forgot how to do that :), anyway thought that some people may be interested in seeing some sneak previews of Indigo Prime, a few non spoilers and a few panel close ups..   

Look, you had me at 'John Smith and Lee Carter', never mind Indigo Prime, and never mind this:   :o

Wow, is the new Indigo Prime?

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd: Mega-City Two
Paperback, 124 pages, IDW Publishing, 19th August 2014

Blurb:
Dredd heads Californee way! As part of a judicial exchange program, Dredd is sent packing to Mega-City Two, a sprawling city covering 5,000 square miles of the Californian West Coast and centered in what was once known as Los Angeles, where he soon discovers that they do things differently there.

Judge Dredd: City Limits
Hardcover, 324 pages, IDW Publishing, 9th September 2014

Anyone know what this is?  The hardcover listing (and price - £37.99) suggest it's a another themed volume of proper/UK Dredd reprints.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.