Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

1884-1887 up for preorder:

The UK's cult anthology comic surges into summer with another top line-up of stories: All hell breaks loose on the streets of Mega-City One in Judge Dredd: Traumatown; Celtic barbarian Slaine fights for his life in the bloodsoaked finale to A Simple Killing; Nort monster-hunter Atalia Jaegir returns and scours the dregs of the criminal underworld in Circe; Indigo Prime operatives Danny and Unthur are targeted by terrorists in Perfect Day; and a time-twisting tower block is the setting for In Seconds Flat. (NOTE: Pack contains #1884-1887.)

Lee, is there any chance you can share how many episodes Perfect Day is?  Your previews are wonderful!

LeeCarter_Artdroid

Don't think I can say how long the new indigo prime is going to be, it is longer than it was supposed to be, which was great for me
Cheers and thanks all :)

TordelBack

Quote from: LeeCarter_Artdroid on 24 March, 2014, 09:33:31 AM
Don't think I can say how long the new indigo prime is going to be, it is longer than it was supposed to be, which was great for me

Don't crack and spill the beans Lee, he's like a dog with a bone, this one!

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 16 September, 2013, 01:24:07 AM...
Indigo Prime [is an] absolutely brilliant concept for changing up between longer stories of 10-12 weeks and shorter ones, like the old classics did  ...  It's got a cast of dozens, any of whom could take the lead for one or two weeks, building up our understanding of the agency and situations while also telling a neat, weirdo sci-fi story and developing more characters.  Do an 8-week story with art by Carter, a 2-part sidestory with art by A New Talent, a 10-parter by Bagwell, a one-off, then another longer story by Carter, etc.

Embrace the uncertainty, Goggans!   ;)

ming

Because (A) I have no shame and (B) it's mildly appropriate for this thread, I'm shoehorning this in here...

:P

hippynumber1

Superb! He always creeped me out when I was a kid...

Skullmo

Brilliant!

And I am really enjoying the Return to series of ABC Warriors stories
It's a joke. I was joking.

Grant Goggans

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 March, 2014, 10:16:06 AM
Embrace the uncertainty, Goggans!   ;)

I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED WITH ANY NUMBER LESS THAN 39.  WHY, THARG, WHY, etc etc

Dash Decent

Sinister Dexter

Paperback, 172 pages, IDW Publishing, 26th August 2014.

This is Downlode, a super-sized urban sprawl that used to be Western Europe, and these are the stories of Irishman Finnigan Sinister and his smooth comrade, Ramone Dexter - killers for hire, and the best gun-sharks money can buy! You pay, they slay! Collecting all seven issues of IDW's run from the classic stories by Dan Abnett and Andy Clarke.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

8-Ball

I'm not the biggest fan but for some reason I'm getting quite excited about the forthcoming release of the A.B.C. Warrior Mek Files but I was left with a quandry - is it worth buying the Volgan War series and the Return To... material or will they be collected in Mek Files at some point as well?
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 24 March, 2014, 10:29:54 AM
Superb! He always creeped me out when I was a kid...

Is he still cannon?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 March, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Is (Dr Feelygood) still cannon?

You been reading the Warriors recently? Not only did everything happen, but we're seeing it at least twice, what happened in-between, and from each different character's perspective. Book XI will be Dr Feelygood's Case Book, in which we discover that the Doc was the surgeon who carried out Joe Pinapples's gender reassignment surgery, and Clint Langley will redesign him as a humanoid mek with an enormous scalpel for a chin.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 29 March, 2014, 10:24:27 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 29 March, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Is (Dr Feelygood) still cannon?

You been reading the Warriors recently? Not only did everything happen, but we're seeing it at least twice, what happened in-between, and from each different character's perspective. Book XI will be Dr Feelygood's Case Book, in which we discover that the Doc was the surgeon who carried out Joe Pinapples's gender reassignment surgery, and Clint Langley will redesign him as a humanoid mek with an enormous scalpel for a chin.

Apart from the last bit, I like the sound of this!

TBH my fingers are crossed that we'll finally find out what happened to the robots on Titan...

Fungus

I read that as 'enormous chin' (it's late, sue me)  in which case Dredd is revealed as Joe P,  the Dreddverse and Millsverse and the rest converge and everyone lives Happily Ever After. The End.

TordelBack

Markmanship... check.
Laconic... check.
Loads of leather and zips...  check.
Strange sex life... check.

I'm not sure we've ever had the 'put his brain in Joe Pineapple's body' answer to the Dredd-ageing problem.  Now you say it, it seems perfect - the union of Mills and Wagner concepts at the end as at the beginning.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 March, 2014, 10:56:55 PM
Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd: Mega-City Two
Paperback, 124 pages, IDW Publishing, 19th August 2014

Blurb:
Dredd heads Californee way! As part of a judicial exchange program, Dredd is sent packing to Mega-City Two, a sprawling city covering 5,000 square miles of the Californian West Coast and centered in what was once known as Los Angeles, where he soon discovers that they do things differently there.

Judge Dredd: City Limits
Hardcover, 324 pages, IDW Publishing, 9th September 2014

Anyone know what this is?  The hardcover listing (and price - £37.99) suggest it's a another themed volume of proper/UK Dredd reprints.

Covers now up on Amazon UK:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.