Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_J

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 May, 2014, 05:43:46 AM
It looked to me like Dredd had forgotten how to work his lawgiver.  Then I noticed his knee and my perception of the picture changed completely.

Ha Ha! Edit out the knee and you've got a very senile looking Dredd.

radiator

Quote from: Judge Brian on 10 May, 2014, 03:44:47 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 May, 2014, 08:21:42 PM

They also edited out most of the original episode titles, recap boxes and 'next prog' taglines where appropriate - and I know that'll annoy some purists, but it really makes the world of difference. The art looks so much cleaner and less cluttered, and pages flow from one to the next really well. And 'where appropriate' is the key bit of info there, of course.

They also edited out quite a few of the historical quotes which is unforgivable.

I actually like the coloring in the older trade, it's like seeing the painters brushstrokes.

Hmm, yeah I remember that now you mention it. I'm normally in favour of removing the titles, recaps etc but I feel like the Dante recaps were kind of essential to the flavour of the thing. That's a shame.

IndigoPrime

I wonder why they were removed. Any droids care to say?

judgerufian

Quote from: sauchie on 09 May, 2014, 10:58:58 PM

Glenn Fabry's forgotten how to draw Judge Dredd, but not that he's an artistic genius, thankfully:

Dredd in left handed lawgiver shock....

Hawkmumbler

Just read the four Daily Star Judge Dredd strips in the FCBD prog. These are extremely good fun and i'm completely down for the collected edition in november. :D

Max Headroom

Could Robo-K33f, if you happen to see this, detail the numbers of progs and megs which will feature in the JD Case Files volume 23? Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you list which stories will appear in Anderson volume 4 (including any bonus strips)? Thank you very much!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 26 May, 2014, 12:09:33 PM
Could Robo-K33f, if you happen to see this, detail the numbers of progs and megs which will feature in the JD Case Files volume 23? Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you list which stories will appear in Anderson volume 4 (including any bonus strips)? Thank you very much!

Always worth trying this very thread, the info's usually already buried in here somewhere -

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 30 September, 2013, 11:05:42 AM
CF23 contents (TBC);

PROGS
Goodnight Kiss
Blowout
Language Barrier
The Return of Rico
The Neon Man
Megalot
Caught Short
Jigsaw
Blaster Buddy
Statue of Judgement
Bad Frendz
My Son the Hero
To Thing with Love
The Decision
Awakening of Angels
MEGS
Repeat Offender
Whatever Happened to Bill Clinton
Skedway Madness
Bug Crazy
Face of Justice
Family Feud
Get Me to the Church on Time
The Wall
The Three Amigos
Hot Pursuit
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Heart of a Lonely Klegg from Rob Williams and CHRIS WESTON (!!!) coming in prog 1888.

More sensative Klegg! :D

dweezil2

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 May, 2014, 09:40:13 AM
Heart of a Lonely Klegg from Rob Williams and CHRIS WESTON (!!!) coming in prog 1888.

More sensative Klegg! :D

More sensitive Klegg can only be a good thing!

And the preview of the Weston cover from the latest Thrill-mail looks stunning!   :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dash Decent

It's not 2000AD but it's Talbot, so what the hey!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IronGraham

With the Nikolai Dante the Great Game sitting on my shelf today and later this year love and war, what is the status of Tsar Wars volume 1.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Molch-R

Quote from: IronGraham on 04 June, 2014, 04:57:57 PM
With the Nikolai Dante the Great Game sitting on my shelf today and later this year love and war, what is the status of Tsar Wars volume 1.

It's just reprints of volumes 2 and 3 that are on the schedule, Earthlet.

IronGraham

fair enough I believe I have the progs under my stairs
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Frank

The cover of IDW's Judge Dredd #24 is (Sci-fi) special:

monsterx

Quote from: IronGraham on 04 June, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

I've got vol 2 of tsar wars for sale on ebay search for cyberleaderx for maximum thrill power!