Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Quote from: monsterx on 09 June, 2014, 11:19:06 PM
Quote from: IronGraham on 04 June, 2014, 04:57:57 PM
With the Nikolai Dante the Great Game sitting on my shelf today and later this year love and war, what is the status of Tsar Wars volume 1.

I've got vol 2 of tsar wars for sale on ebay search for cyberleaderx for maximum thrill power!

I have vol 2 thank you tho
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Frank

Preview of Weston's forthcoming Sensitive Klegg from our own Chiefy. That's what Weston considers a convention sketch, folks:

Apestrife

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 March, 2014, 10:56:55 PM
Judge Dredd: City Limits
Hardcover, 324 pages, IDW Publishing, 9th September 2014

Anyone know what this is?  The hardcover listing (and price - £37.99) suggest it's a another themed volume of proper/UK Dredd reprints.

Says now on Amazon that it's a "collection of the first 12 issues of IDW's ongoing series, plus all of the back-up stories.". Looks like it collects the robot war and Cursed Earth story lines.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 April, 2014, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 13 March, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
Does anyone know the contents for 'Judge Dredd: The XXX Files', which I think is due to be released in June? Is it perhaps an American release like the recent Fatties and Mutant books?

I can confirm the contents are:

Love Story
Love Story II - Futile Attraction
Love Story III - The End of the Affair
The Great Arsoli
Attack of the Sex-Crazed Love Dolls
Bum Rap
To Die For
Sleaze
Stone Killer
Sex Beast!
Driving Desire
Cheating Drokkers
The Girlfriend
The Marriage Game
Holding On
Crime of Passion
Love Hurts!
(This is not a) Mega City 1 Love Story no.1: Callista
The Sexmek Slasher
The Performer
Tour of Duty: Lust in the Dust
Sex, VI and Vidslugs
Harry Sheemer, Mon Amour
Bonus Thrill! Judge Hershey Naked & Ashamed

They've added an Justice dept Eagle-and-badge to the right of the cover illustration, with the words "Justice Dept Warning - Not Suitable for Juves!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

That warning seems a bit ineffective -- how many parents will know that Juves means children? Oh well.

What is the Hershey Naked and Ashamed thing at the end? Reprint or new?

Dash Decent

It's a reprint from the Judge Dredd Yearbook 1994.  It's written by Robbie Morrison with art by Paul Peart.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Frank

Quote from: Richard on 21 June, 2014, 01:01:46 AM
That warning seems a bit ineffective -- how many parents will know that Juves means children?

There cover features three enormous Xs, the words SEXY and ADULT in sleazy neon letters, a stripper, and a truncheon being used to simulate an erect penis.

Richard

Thanks Dash.

Good point, Sauchie! Makes the warning a bit redundant really...

8-Ball

Advance disclaimer: I'm not having a go at our North American cousins. I cannot repeat that enough.

Is it because North American culture is notoriously prudish. Guns=good and boobies=bad? Is the warning there to protect Simon and Schuster from accusations by unsuspecting parents of smut peddling? Would that warning be there if this was a Rebellion edition for the U.K. market?
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: 8-Ball on 21 June, 2014, 06:20:57 PM
Is it because North American culture is notoriously prudish. Guns=good and boobies=bad? Is the warning there to protect Simon and Schuster from accusations by unsuspecting parents of smut peddling? Would that warning be there if this was a Rebellion edition for the U.K. market?

It's there because it's funny?

I mean - 'Justice Department warning' - it couldn't be more tongue-in-cheek if it tried!
@jamesfeistdraws

8-Ball

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 June, 2014, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 21 June, 2014, 06:20:57 PM

I mean - 'Justice Department warning' - it couldn't be more tongue-in-cheek if it tried!

I came to the same conclusion in the Other Reviews section. :D
Quote from: 8-Ball on 18 June, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
I take it the the cover message: "Justice Department Warning - Not suitable for juves" is tongue-in-cheek. There are grisly deaths in Dredd all the time so it's very odd that the odd exposed nipple or bare buttock should warrant any sort of restriction.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Dash Decent

Yeah, it looks great and fits in with the character of the thing.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 June, 2014, 06:33:18 AM

Yeah, it looks great and fits in with the character of the thing.

I put it on there for a giggle - to my unsophisticated mind it is quite amusing.

Richard

This is what happens when I over-analyse things... but then again, that is what the Internet is for after all.

credo

All seems a little quiet on the trades announcements front - any new information for the rest  of the year/start of next?