Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 23 July, 2014, 05:51:42 PM

According to Nick Percival, the 2000ad Winter Special for which he's currently producing a pin-up will have a horror theme. News to me, anyway.

"Chilling Tales for Cold Winter Nights"

Colin YNWA

According to Nick Percival, the 2000ad Winter Special for which he's currently producing a pin-up will have a horror theme. News to me, anyway.

Did we even know there was a Winter Special? Or to put it another way did you lot all know and I was just too dozy to pick up on it?

Fungus

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 July, 2014, 09:41:16 PM

Did we even know there was a Winter Special? Or to put it another way did you lot all know and I was just too dozy to pick up on it?

It's been confirmed 2 or 3 times in a low-key way - I think one was in a Nerve Centre reply - but blink and you'd miss them...
it implies regular Sci-Fi and Winter Specials (?), so yeah, due an announcement  :)

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 July, 2014, 09:41:16 PM

You didn't get the invitation from Matt to the launch party? I would have saved you a sneaky bit of the life size Tharg shaped cake, but security at the Dorchester is really tight and I didn't stay the full weekend. If I see you at this year's Nerve Centre Open Day I'll buy you a pint to make it up to you.

Colin YNWA

Arh as I expected... but 2 or 3 times and even in the Nerve Centre, even by my standards you'd think that had sunk in... I having a feelin' I might have even commented on it... sigh, sometimes I do wonder...

Apestrife

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 July, 2014, 02:55:51 PM
Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK: Dark Justice, Wagner & Staples, 112 pages, hardback

Great. Thanks. Can't wait for this one  :D

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 November, 2013, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 11 November, 2013, 04:11:54 PM
Hondo City Law: Revenge of the 47 Ronin by Morrison, McNeil, & Parkhouse

Hondo City Justice

160 pages, 8th July 2014

Do we know what the contents of Hondo City Justice are?  Is it largely the same material as Hondo City Law or perhaps Shimura?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Kinda curious myself. It seems a fairly hefty tome, so maybe the Hondo City Justice material thus far?

8-Ball

Flicking through it I can tell you from the title pages that Hondo City Justice contains:

The Harder They Come (Megs 238 - 243)
Project Behemoth (Megs 324 - 326)
Revenge Of The 47 Ronin (Megs 332 - 334)
and Tiger Sun Dragon Moon (Progs 1426 - 1432)

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Hawkmumbler

Yep, i'll be getting this then. Nice slab if thrill's their, Revenge of the 47 Ronin had phenomenal art work.

glassstanley

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 July, 2014, 03:10:10 PM
Do we know what the contents of Hondo City Justice are?  Is it largely the same material as Hondo City Law or perhaps Shimura?

Shimura consists mostly of the Shimura solo stories (naturally). Hondo City Law reprints Our Man in Hondo, a couple of the Shimura strips and then begins the Inaba Hondo City strips.  Hondo City Justice is basically Vol 2 of the latter.

ZenArcade

Christ how I miss Shakara and I wasn't even there during its run....please God bring it back! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dash Decent

Great info.  Thanks guys. 
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Kindle edition of Jaegir

File Size: 42933 kb, 37 pages, 27th August 2014

Blurb:
"A war-crimes investigator in future fascist state, Kapitan-Inspector Atalia Jaegir must bring a monster down before he can murder his own family. In the universe of 2000 AD's  classic series Rogue Trooper, the endless war between the Southers and the Norts rages on countless planets. Scarred war veteran Atalia Jaegir of the Nordland State Security Police, hunts down escaped war criminals and roots out corruption in the ranks. But her fearsome reputation will not protect her from the inhuman quarry that she is tasked with finding... An entirely new heroine leads this action-packed adventure illustrated by Simon Coleby (The Royals, Judge Dredd Year One), written by Gordon Rennie (Judge Dredd, Department of Monsterology)."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Zenith 666

Jumping on Prog. 1900 lineup has[spoiler]Stickleback,kingdom,Greysuit and New Dredd epic block judge by Wagner and ezquerra [/spoiler] according to Midnight comics.