Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I love this cover.  The only thing that could improve it would be if Death's fingers hung over the Dredd logo instead of being masked off behind it.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Frank

Batman's Superior Cousin

Good Grud, the man's on a roll
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Skullmo

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 18 August, 2014, 05:03:06 PM
Sláine: The Brutania Chronicles Volume 1 - have to buy it davis on slaine is magnificient

Buy a page from the story if you like it - Simon is selling them :)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

IDW Judge Dredd volume 6 - paperback, 104 pages, 27th January 2015

Blurb:
Judge Anderson is trying to make it back to Mega-City One in "To Live and Die in Deadworld" and Judge Dredd must go inside the area formerly known as Sector One to rescue the Chief Justice and the Council of Five in "Black Light District."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Strontium Dog: Dogs of War: Life and Death of Johnny Alpha 2 - 144 pages, 15th January 2015.

Blurb:
Late 22nd century. After the Atomic Wars, many survivors were warped by the Strontium 90 fallout. These 'mutants' became a victimised underclass, and the only job open to them was bounty hunting. One such Search/Destroy agent, or STRONTIUM DOG, is Johnny Alpha, who was thought killed. But he has been resurrected and is now leading mutantkind in a revolution against the Norms...  Written by Strontium Dog co-creator John Wagner (A History of Violence) with art by his co-creator Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd) Johnny Alpha's explosive return from beyond concludes in this action-packed finale.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

glassstanley

Is this the third, previously unannounced, novella in the Year One omnibus?

Frank

SPOILER

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/sauchieboy/dc4c0d0c-6110-43ec-82f7-ef396a8268b7.jpg?t=1410113288

I don't know - I was pretty happy with the sweet resolution Wagner provided for that [spoiler]one in Tour of Duty[/spoiler]. I know it's sort of inevitable with [spoiler]a company-owned character[/spoiler] that someone will try to push the reset button at some point ([spoiler]as Wagner and Grant both did themselves with that same character[/spoiler]), but I thought we'd sort of moved beyond that as readers. I suppose I can just ignore it and let those who will enjoy it do so in peace, but that's not what the internet's for.

Zenith 666

I need to read tour of duty again.have no recollection of [spoiler]The mean machine[/spoiler].

Montynero

Two talented creators, but as a reader I want another story with that character like I want electric eels in my undercrackers.

Colin YNWA

Well I'll wait to see as I've enjoyed much that Mike Carroll has done, but as others have said the announcement (of sorts) itself leaves me cold.

Was his Tour of Duty stuff in the Megazine then as I don't recall it?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 07 September, 2014, 08:41:24 PM
I need to read tour of duty again.have no recollection of [spoiler]The mean machine[/spoiler].

The story in question ran over two years before Tour of Duty, so that's probably why you don't remember!

As to the news itself... hmm. I'll wait to reserve judgement, but after such a fitting ending the character seemed more or less done with. Please, please let it not be a story that involves another relapse back to [spoiler]his butting ways[/spoiler].
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 September, 2014, 09:38:09 PM
The story in question ran over two years before Tour of Duty, so that's probably why you don't remember!

I only ever read that in collected form,  so [spoiler]Fifty Year Man's[/spoiler] just the prologue to me. Just the Damn fine prologue. What Wagner did with the character there was so thematically perfect for what else was going on in the story that it's difficult to imagine what else can be done with him. Carroll's probably the writer who's most acutely aware of the history of the strip - much more so than JW - so it's impossible to imagine he doesn't understand that.