Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Hmm. Suppose it could be a flashback or fit in with Spurrier's Tales Of... stuff.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Which would clearly be the same thing.
We never really die.

Rio De Fideldo

"Carroll's probably the writer who's most acutely aware of the history of the strip - much more so than JW - so it's impossible to imagine he doesn't understand that"

Michael Carroll, as a fan made good, is much more aware of the history of Judge Dredd than John Wagner, the creator of Judge Dredd and the writer of the majority of the stories? Impossible to imagine that Michael Carroll doesn't understand that its difficult to imagine what else can be done with Mean Machine? Sweeping statements. The thing is with the internet its really easy to take stuff out of context and to quote directly what someone else has said and to accidentally misunderstand what they were meaning but that's exactly what I'm doing. The wife's away for the weekend so I have time to think too hard about what I assume is a throw away comment on a forum devoted to a comic. I'm also very aware that I'm doing that and I don't mean to diss Sauchie Karate Club but I don't think that just because Michael Carroll, who as a fan turned writer can recall continuity issues without consulting W R Logan it follows that his take on Mean Machine will be particularly revolutionary and that what ever he as written for Nick Percival to illustrate doesn't involve a return of the dial and claw which had been removed as of Fifty Year Man.

If Carroll (Michael? Mr Carroll?) somehow writes a story which acknowledges the neutered Mean with those returned Angels Pa and Junior alongside his "nephew" Ratfink, his bride to be Porsha and his son Junior and makes it fresh and fun to read then I'll be amazed/delighted.

Montynero

John writes brilliant stories, he doesn't sit around indexing them or discussing every detail the way fans do. :)

Some writers ask trusted fans to go and research something they've written, if they need to delve back into continuity. Stephen King famously remembers absolutely nothing about entire novels he wrote.  The only upside is he can enjoy reading them like the rest of us do.

If there's a whole new take on [spoiler]Mean[/spoiler], that'd work for me. :)

Nick Percival

This will be a very different look at the character and quite a sad tale...

Link Prime

Quote from: Nick Percival on 09 September, 2014, 01:06:27 PM

Interesting Nick, interesting.
No chance you'll post some preview art?  ;)

Molch-R

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 September, 2014, 01:11:01 PM
No chance you'll post some preview art?  ;)

Mek-Quake on standby...

Nick Percival

Sorry - can't show even a sausage at this stage....

Proudhuff

Quote from: Nick Percival on 09 September, 2014, 01:06:27 PM

The final death? pleeeease!
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Bolt-01

Having worked with Mike on a 'Crimea River' for Zarjaz (way back in issue 07- but copies still available) I am pretty confident that if 'Sad' is the order of the day then we should all set thrill-buffers to maximum absorbancy!

hippynumber1

Quote from: Nick Percival on 09 September, 2014, 01:16:55 PM
Sorry - can't show even a sausage at this stage....

Nobody wants to see your sausage Nick!

James Stacey

Judge Nutmeg

I personally would love to see more of him and I'll go up to four on any low down stinking coyote who says otherwise

Steve Green

It's going to be great to see where Michael takes it - Mean effectively neutered - whether the remaining Angels are still involved, their reaction to him if so.