Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

I thought pa and junior surviving had been retconned ( is that a word?) out of the strip? I'd like to see mean go up against Dredd one last time even give old Joe a bit of a kicking .

Steve Green

Frank

Not mentioning something EVER again isn't the same as saying it never happened.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 09 September, 2014, 10:23:50 PM
I thought pa and junior surviving had been retconned ( is that a word?) out of the strip? I'd like to see mean go up against Dredd one last time even give old Joe a bit of a kicking .

The Spurrier Angel Gang series in the Megazine were both subtitled Before they wuz dead; the few in-strip references to the Angels since have been very much in the past-tense and certainly suggestive, at least, that they aren't an ongoing concern; and a year or two back Tharg categorically said on the letters page that Awakening of Angels was a mistake, and to all intents and purposes never happened.

Not to mention the fact that if they were really alive, what the bloody hell have they been doing? I'll have been reading 2000AD for exactly half my life next year, and the Awakening of Angels story - which was before my time - ran so long ago I'd never have known it had happened if not for occasional online mentions. Seems fairly safe to just ignore it rather than feel the need to 'have' to explain it after all this time.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Didn't Tharg say that the rebuilding of MC2 never happened, but it was mentioned in California Babylon?

I prefer Michael's approach to the 'let's never speak of this again' route.

Judge Nutmeg

The only time I think the resurrected angels were seen again was in a strip called Hell's Angels , they were locked up in iso block 666 with the devil from the classic story beat the devil, it was pretty dire as I recall

Frank

Pye Parr reports he's sent prog 1900, with the new look logo, off to the printers. I expect this one to be more divisive than the succession of the prophet.

Colin YNWA

New logo BUT I HATE CHANGE...

SuperSurfer

I hope it's a radical change – along the lines of the designs he Tweeted a few months ago.

Doubt it's a new look logo though. New look masthead maybe. Hopefully!

Frank

Yeah, it's what Parr calls the banner component which has received an update.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 10 September, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
The only time I think the resurrected angels were seen again was in a strip called Hell's Angels , they were locked up in iso block 666 with the devil from the classic story beat the devil, it was pretty dire as I recall
They're in The Three Amigos.
We never really die.

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: The Cosh on 10 September, 2014, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 10 September, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
They're in The Three Amigos.

yeah forgot about that, As much as I loved Pa and Junior was never keen on them coming back

James Stacey

Is the three amigos counted as canon? Though it was a clearly defined what if

radiator

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 September, 2014, 10:35:11 PM

That's certainly how I choose to see it.

I think the opening caption calls it 'the never before told story...' So take from that what you will.

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 September, 2014, 10:35:11 PM
No idea. I only read it for the first time in the latest Case Files so I don't know how it was presented at the time. However, it was published in the latest Case Files so it's as canon as The Midnight Surfer and Judge Planet for me.
We never really die.