Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

It doesn't matter not a jot that I know exactly what you're talking about my mind still wonders why your discussing whether Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short slapping their shoulders and hips before shouting 'Huh!' should be considered cannon... and to be honest I think its as much chance as the strip itself... if it matters.

Frank

There's no such thing as canon; if it saw print, it's part of the strip's history. Dredd has a niece who doesn't make sense, made friends with a talking cat, and his dad pretended to be dead but wasn't really. No matter how crap the story or idea is, it happened.

Hawkmumbler

'Cough'Mega-city2contradictorytimeline'cough'

Skullmo

Quote from: sauchie karate club on 11 September, 2014, 06:54:49 AM

There's no such thing as canon; if it saw print, it's part of the strip's history. Dredd has a niece who doesn't make sense, made friends with a talking cat, and his dad pretended to be dead but wasn't really. No matter how crap the story or idea is, it happened.

That doesn't make any sense! What you are saying implies that Dredd is a story written by a collection of different writers. Whereas we all know that it is real.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Skullmo

After reading Case Files 23 and reminding myself of the return of the Angel Gang I am really looking forward to their forthcoming tales!

Dear Tharg - can more characters please be saved by hidden nets?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

Quote from: Killer Hawk Queen on 11 September, 2014, 11:27:03 AM
'Cough'Mega-city2contradictorytimeline'cough'

Imagine if the main strip about judges in 2000ad had always been told from the perspective of a Brit Cit judge whose adventures occasionally take him to MC1. Readers would have been confused by the way the US city consisted of 800 million, 400 million, and 40 million during various visits. One minute it's ruled by robots, then Sovs, then zombie judges, just zombies, criminal judges, robots again, then alien judges.

All without so much as an explanation of how any this happened, because this is a strip about a British judge in Brit Cit.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 10 September, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
The only time I think the resurrected angels were seen again was in a strip called Hell's Angels , they were locked up in iso block 666 with the devil from the classic story beat the devil, it was pretty dire as I recall

Can you say which Prog or Meg this story appeared in as I am unfamiliar with it?
Thanks.

Frank

Quote from: Max Headroom on 12 September, 2014, 04:27:09 PM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 10 September, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
The only time I think the resurrected angels were seen again was in a strip called Hell's Angels , they were locked up in iso block 666 with the devil from the classic story beat the devil, it was pretty dire as I recall

Can you say which Prog or Meg this story appeared in as I am unfamiliar with it?
Thanks.

The Ballad of Devil Angel, 965-966.

radiator

That was by Alan Grant wasn't it?

Steve Green

Frank

Dark Jimbo

Case Files 24 up for pre-order on Amazon, and the blurb makes for interesting reading given Molcher had previously suggested there'd be no Hammerstein included -

The streets don't come much meaner than those found in Mega-City One. Only the Judges - empowered to dispense law and order - keep the city from falling into total anarchy. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law and these are his stories. In this 24th volume of the bestselling Case Files series, Dredd is faced with one of his hardest challenges yet - dispensing justice in the Big Meg's worst sector known as 'The Pit'! Also, the ultimate lawman faces a legendary war robot, when Judge Dredd squares off against the ABC Warrior Hammerstein!

A february releasse date, and a page count of 320 pages, which some clever person could probably use to work out the stories inside...
@jamesfeistdraws

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws