Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

There's absolutely no reason for it not to be included - it's billed as a 'Judge Dredd' story.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Anzati on 19 September, 2014, 11:45:46 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 September, 2014, 11:36:38 AM
I still think omitting America was an error—the one big mis-step of the CFs—and I wonder how much it had to do with impacting on trade sales elsewhere.

It was for this reason alone that I own the America graphic novel...I do wonder how many others followed suit. I've also been umming and aaarrring ove the Kenny Who trade, but isn't that only one 10 page story that's missing, making it less worthwhile picking up :(

Maybe these anomalies will be corrected in the Super Deluxe Omnibus Case Files! (hint, hint)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 September, 2014, 04:16:22 PM
...from the The Cal Files to the end of The Pit is 270 pages. Given the normal division between Prog and Meg in the Case Files to keep the reprints broadly aligned in publication order, that means either splitting The Pit in half or only including a handful of Meg stories in this volume and heavily weighting the next one in compensation.

Either way, the next two volumes are going to be quite interesting!

What's the art like on the Meg stories at this point? I remember hearing that they were used as 'try-outs' for unproven artists for a while in the '90s - if that's the case a Meg-heavy volume might be a bit of a clunker.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 September, 2014, 06:55:24 PM
What's the art like on the Meg stories at this point? I remember hearing that they were used as 'try-outs' for unproven artists for a while in the '90s - if that's the case a Meg-heavy volume might be a bit of a clunker.
No idea, beyond what's been in the Case Files so far and that would seem like a fair description.
We never really die.

8-Ball

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 September, 2014, 07:25:39 PM
No idea, beyond what's been in the Case Files so far and that would seem like a fair description.

Like the great philosopher Alan Hansen once said, "You can't win anything with kids." The Meg material in the current Case Files is interesting to say the least and it is good to see the early tryouts of today's established artists. I'm just not sure that I would like to buy a whole CF devoted to it.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 19 September, 2014, 06:28:43 PM
There's absolutely no reason for it not to be included - it's billed as a 'Judge Dredd' story.

So was America; as it was printed in the first Megazine:

Tombo

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 September, 2014, 04:16:22 PM
...from the The Cal Files to the end of The Pit is 270 pages. Given the normal division between Prog and Meg in the Case Files to keep the reprints broadly aligned in publication order, that means either splitting The Pit in half or only including a handful of Meg stories in this volume and heavily weighting the next one in compensation.

Either way, the next two volumes are going to be quite interesting!

Somewhere in the depths of the forum's archives someone (Small Blue Thing I think) created a rough listing in what would be appearing in the Case Files up to the mid to late 20's.  Since we no longer have a search function here I'll see if I can remember where I saw it.

Frank

Quote from: Tombo on 19 September, 2014, 10:09:50 PM
Somewhere in the depths of the forum's archives someone (Small Blue Thing I think) created a rough listing in what would be appearing in the Case Files up to the mid to late 20's.  Since we no longer have a search function here I'll see if I can remember where I saw it.

That's the excellent radiator's schtick. Bookmark this for future reference, or type '2000adonline, radiator, case files' into google:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34204.msg626214.html#msg626214

Tombo

Just this second found it, apologies to Radiator for attributing his hard work to someone else and cheers to Sauchie co-op for posting the link.

radiator

Note that that's already totally wrong - The Pit is in CF24.

SmallBlueThing

Note also that SmallBlueThing has neither the time nor the intelligence to create something like that, no matter how inaccurate it eventually turns out to be. In fact, SmallBlueThing can't even put together a short shopping list that includes cat food despite writing said shopping list explicitly to buy cat food, and now has to back round the shop before work because he managed to buy everything except cat food.

In short, SmallBlueThing is a fuckwit.

But a Tales of Telguuth collection has made his day.

SBT

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 March, 2014, 07:22:20 AM

The Amazon blurb for City Limits says it is "the first 12 issues of IDW's ongoing series, plus all of the back-up stories", in other words, a collection of the collections they've already got out at the moment.  Is that right?  Is that something IDW normally do?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 September, 2014, 03:09:18 AMThe Amazon blurb for City Limits says it is "the first 12 issues of IDW's ongoing series, plus all of the back-up stories", in other words, a collection of the collections they've already got out at the moment.  Is that right?  Is that something IDW normally do?

No idea if they normally do it, but it's definitely correct. Also quite possibly an encouraging sign that the series is doing well if they're prepared to release it in three formats. Personally, I get the normal four-issue trade collections, and I'll be sticking to that format for the foreseeable future.

glassstanley

IDW repackage their strips in as many different combinations as they can. Expect hardcover collections, 24 issue collections, etc etc

Dash Decent

Thanks guys.  I'm happy to support the line but don't want to double up on stuff.  (At least not the IDW stuff, he says, eyeing Case Files, trades, Xtremes, Best of Monthlys, B formats, Prion hardcovers...)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.