Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cor that's a good cover.  McCrea is a star.  I'll admit to temptation on this score - I've so-far resisted buying any collected Rogue, not sure why, but I wonder would this be a useful book to lend to kids.  I know I found early Rogue Trooper completely irresistible when I started scouring parish sales and charity shops for old progs back in the early 80's, so much so that I think it was the very first long-running story that I 'completed' - and I wonder would the colour be helpful ingredient for the younger generation.

Adamskilad

2000 AD Pack (Jan 2015)

"Searing SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd and Psi-Judge Anderson head into space to stop a slaughter on the pioneer starship the Mayflower as the Dark Judges cut a bloody swathe through the crew in the stunning series Dark Justice by John Wagner and Greg Staples; Bill Savage discovers who is behind the augmented activists in Savage: Grinders by Pat Mills and Patrick Goddard; The Order descend into the sewers of Prague to battle the interdimensional Wurms, courtesy of Kek-W and John Burns; Maniac For Hire Ulysses Sweet has been made a target in Psycho Therapist by Guy Adams and Paul Marshall; and East-Meg assassin Orlok returns for flashback story Eurozoned by Arthur Wyatt and Jake Lynch as he makes an enemy in the Sov Diktatoriat!"

The Mayflower? Dark Judges in space? Colour me intrigued...

ZenArcade

That sounds amazing man. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

The  Order sounds great. As it's set in Prague and is painted by Burns i'm hoping for some beautifuly surreal building designs.

dweezil2

Looks like those planned IDW colour reprints of the Dark Judges stories are back on track for next year!   :)

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

ThryllSeekyr

Are there any plans to re-release Slaine - Book of Invasions as part of the latest re-release of the others?

Apestrife

Dark Judges in space sounds really rad! Can't wait to read it  :D

amines2058

Quote from: Apestrife on 27 October, 2014, 09:55:49 AM
Dark Judges in space sounds really rad! Can't wait to read it  :D

Oh I don't know....I am not sure if it will have much atmosphere??

I will get my coat  :-[

IronGraham

Does any one know if their will be new Armitage
We're werewolves not swearwolves

maryanddavid

Paul Marshall has been a great droid for Tharg, the art on Dan Fransisco was among his best, and Guy Adams has shown he can write a bit, but more Ulysses Sweet? The same for the Wyatt and Lynch, talented droids, I'm not saying that these stories wont be good, just I would much prefer to see their talents put to creating new characters.

radiator

Quote from: dweezil2 on 26 October, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
Looks like those planned IDW colour reprints of the Dark Judges stories are back on track for next year!   :)

Ah, nice! Feared the series had been shitcanned. I got the Apoc War hardback recently and it's a really nice book. Will definitely be buying the Dark Judges one, and dearly hope one day for The Judge Child and Oz to get the same treatment.

The Adventurer

My problem with Ulysses Sweet boils down to 'Zombo is better'.

Nice art obviously.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

inkymonkey

Quote from: radiator on 27 October, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Ah, nice! Feared the series had been shitcanned. I got the Apoc War hardback recently and it's a really nice book. Will definitely be buying the Dark Judges one, and dearly hope one day for The Judge Child and Oz to get the same treatment.

Likewise for me! I didn't mind the colouring, though a bit irritated with the lazy errors (leaving unused photoshop masks on, that sort of gear...).  Did they fix that up in the hardback?

I'd be interesting to see how they'd blend in the computer colouring with the art droids' painted double pager spreads in Oz.  I don't think there'd be copies of those pages uncoloured... McCarthy's, in particular.

Jacqusie

Interdimensional Wurms under Prague?

...that should be a larf...

;)

dweezil2

Quote from: inkymonkey on 28 October, 2014, 12:55:12 AM
Quote from: radiator on 27 October, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Likewise for me! I didn't mind the colouring, though a bit irritated with the lazy errors (leaving unused photoshop masks on, that sort of gear...).  Did they fix that up in the hardback?

I'd be interesting to see how they'd blend in the computer colouring with the art droids' painted double pager spreads in Oz.  I don't think there'd be copies of those pages uncoloured... McCarthy's, in particular.

The errors were fixed inkymonkey, it's a really nice collection!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Classics-Volume-Apocalypse/dp/1613779356/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414480024&sr=8-1&keywords=apocalypse+war

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo