Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

But it already has a TPB...

The Monarch

Oh god we are getting fleisher crap...we've burrowed below the barrel and hitconcrete shit

Fungus

Quote from: The monarch on 09 December, 2014, 07:41:42 PM
Oh god we are getting fleisher crap...we've burrowed below the barrel and hitconcrete shit

That was my reaction to the comment on HH too. The floppies are a drokking chore and I'll probably skip Rose O'Rion, glance at the pictures. The first few pages were grim to read. If it's not Meg-worthy, please don't bundle this stuff needlessly.

DarkDaysBish-OP

There's hope for Straitjacket Fits one day, if HH post-700 run is hitting the floppy...  ;)

TordelBack

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 09 December, 2014, 08:01:22 PM
There's hope for Straitjacket Fits one day, if HH post-700 run is hitting the floppy...  ;)

I would think Straitjacket Fits is many, many places ahead of Fleisher HH in any notional queue.  One of the few strips even Steve Dillon couldn't save.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 December, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 09 December, 2014, 08:01:22 PM

I would think Straitjacket Fits is many, many places ahead of Fleisher HH in any notional queue.  One of the few strips even Steve Dillon couldn't save.

It was Tharg spitting a toothpick into Dillon's eye.

I would genuinely welcome The Straightjacket Fits as a floppy.

Woolly

Add another vote for the Straitjacket Fits please (but only if it includes the final episode from the yearbook!)
It was quite charming in its made-up-on-the-fly ways. (ISTR an old interview with Bish-Op where he admitted as much. Hope I'm not wrong  :-\)

And then Finn Bk2? Pretty please?

IndigoPrime

Harlem Heroes? The strip with possibly the worst dialogue in 2000 AD's entire history?* Seriously? Good grief. It's only a matter of time before Wireheads at this rate. Surely, there was a better option than that dreck?

* [spoiler]"Hey! What the hell happened to our quintuple-X-rated movie?"[/spoiler]

The Monarch

I think i said in another thread i would welcome straightjacket fits for the yearbook episode just so i know how it ended

DarkDaysBish-OP

I only have vague memories of the yearbook Straitjacket Fits story. Think it was black & white, not sure it resolved anything - sorry!

Link Prime

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 09 December, 2014, 10:55:56 PM
I only have vague memories of the yearbook Straitjacket Fits story. Think it was black & white, not sure it resolved anything - sorry!

T'was indeed black & white (like most Yearbook fare of that era- I blame the incumbent Tharg).

It did include a delicious pop at Mark Millar, and of course Jack Nicholson as drawn by Roger Landridge- so yeah, worth a look!

ZenArcade

Mark (f**king) Millar. Haven't heard of him for a long time...not long enough. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jacqusie

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 December, 2014, 09:48:10 PM
Harlem Heroes? The strip with possibly the worst dialogue in 2000 AD's entire history?

..it's only a matter of time I guess we hit Junker territory them... ~shudder~

IndigoPrime

Yeah, that too, but Junker at least had fairly nice Ridgeway art. Wireheads was just entirely awful. Not a great period in 2000 AD's history to mine, frankly.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm stoked to read HH. Both the original and the new(er); the latter 'cos it has Dillon on art.
Lock up your spoons!