Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 24 January, 2015, 01:03:11 AM
Sure that Devlin was a thrill of the future in last few years.has it really been eight years.

Is that eight years since his last story 'Innocence and Experience - Megs 253-256'...?

... it must be if we are on issue 356... shit the bed... that's flown by...

It's not as long as the continuation to Witch World though!

;)

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd Case Files 01 in hardback, out in August.

"To celebrate ten decades of this mighty tome, Case Files One is being released as a hardback edition, complete with original colour centre spreads..."

(Even though the description says hardback, Amazon UK still have it listed as a paperback! ;) )

Jaegir: the Enemy Within
- 11th September 2015, paperback, 176 pages

"While war rages across the galaxy between the Great Nordland Republic and their Souther enemies, Kapiten-Inspector Atalia Jaegir of the Nordland State Security is charged with investigating and tracking down war criminals. It's a thankless task - viewed with suspicion and hatred by her own people, Jaegir is no stranger to conflict and betrayal..."

Judge Dredd: Casefiles 25
- 13th August 2015, paperback, 320 pages

"Mega-City One - American city of the future. Only the Judges - empowered to dispense instant justice - can stop total anarchy on the crime-ridden streets. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law and these are his stories...This 25th volume of the bestselling Case Files series features includes the return of Dredd's greatest nemesis, Judge Death, and his foul cadre of henchmen, the Dark Judges Fire, Mortis and Fear. Also, a legendary judge dies bringing the law to the lawless in the Cursed Earth. Case Files 25 features the unique artwork of Trevor Hairsine (Captain America), Henry Flint (Zombo), Carlos Ezquerra (Strontium Dog) amongst others, written by John Wagner (A History of Violence), John Smith (Indigo Prime) and Robbie Morrison (Nikolai Dante)."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Holy Mavis Mother of Jovis, Tharg you big green dastard!  How many colour spreads are there in CF1 anyway? Surely Dan Dare held that slot for a good while? Nonetheless, IT MUST BE MINE.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 January, 2015, 11:25:10 PM

"To celebrate ten decades of this mighty tome, Case Files One is being released as a hardback edition, complete with original colour centre spreads..."

Ten decades?!? Dredd's certainly getting a bit long in the tooth now.  :lol:

Fungus

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 01 February, 2015, 12:00:27 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 January, 2015, 11:25:10 PM

And, there aren't yet 25 Case Files as reported.
Do Amazon proof-read anything? Where you don't know, say nothing. Clowns.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Fungus on 01 February, 2015, 01:32:46 AM

CF25 is slated for release on the same day as the hardback CF01.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 01 February, 2015, 12:00:27 AM

Good pick up!  It's meant to be in celebration of ten years of Case Files.

Perhaps Tharg started the CF line earlier on one of the other planets you can (apparently) get the prog!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Fungus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 February, 2015, 01:47:09 AM
Quote from: Fungus on 01 February, 2015, 01:32:46 AM

CF25 is slated for release on the same day as the hardback CF01.

Hm, OK. Says 25 volumes printed 'to date'. Whereas CF24 will be my first volume and it's not out yet.
Ta for clarification. Hardback due August.

glassstanley

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 January, 2015, 11:48:24 PM
Holy Mavis Mother of Jovis, Tharg you big green dastard!  How many colour spreads are there in CF1 anyway? Surely Dan Dare held that slot for a good while? Nonetheless, IT MUST BE MINE.

A lot of the early episodes finished on the colour back page - hopefully these will be included.

Max Headroom

Will it be just Case Files 1 that gets the hardcover treatment? I have long wanted the entire series to go this way. Perhaps it's setting some kind of precedent...?

J.Smith

Oh bloody hell, I certainly want that! And on the contrary to what a few people understandably said in the catalogue thread, I certainly wouldn't mind more (okay, ALL) of the series going that way or similar one's either for that matter.

TordelBack

Looks like Dredd is in centrespread format from midway through the Luna 1 stories, so while some of those stories in the current CF1 seem to be repro'd from B&W pages I presume all those would have been coloured. Nice!

glassstanley

The perfect volume would also include the strips from the Summer Special & 1978 annual.

8-Ball

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 February, 2015, 03:26:48 PM
Looks like Dredd is in centrespread format from midway through the Luna 1 stories, so while some of those stories in the current CF1 seem to be repro'd from B&W pages I presume all those would have been coloured. Nice!

That "colour" page from The Wreath Murders in CF1 is a good example of why a coloured edition would be most welcome. I just wonder what the trade dress will be like. Will it just be the original Case Files cover but in glossy hardback or will it be something newly commissioned? If it is going to be the current cover will there be a fix to fill in the bit of Dredd's leg where Walter has been snipped out? And what about the spine? Oooh!
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Dash Decent

Quote from: J.Smith on 01 February, 2015, 01:27:11 PM
Oh bloody hell, I certainly want that! And on the contrary to what a few people understandably said in the catalogue thread, I certainly wouldn't mind more (okay, ALL) of the series going that way or similar one's either for that matter.

^ I'm with Smith block.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll