Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Smith

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 18 February, 2015, 03:37:48 PM
The whole list looks pretty wonderful, but tell us more about the Ro-Busters book!  We've already had a phonebook done-in-one Complete Ro-Busters, so what's this?  Broken down into a pair of hardcovers, maybe?

One of the droids said somewhere in some thread that it'll reprint the colour spreads and I guess then, with it being hardcover, it'll be like the Mek Files volumes, as in covering everything (not just covers but pin-ups and the like too).

Too many good books! July alone's a bastard, especially if the Apex Edition's a big expensive thing!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: J.Smith on 18 February, 2015, 04:22:40 PM
...and I guess then, with it being hardcover, it'll be like the Mek Files volumes...

Probably worth pointing out that nobody's mentioned it being a hardcover. I doubt it will be to be honest. I asked when the Mek Files first came out if there were any plans for matching Ro-Busters/Nemesis books and was told 'no.'

Anyway, here's Keith -

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 28 January, 2015, 08:36:00 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 January, 2015, 03:23:21 PM
(On a related note, I hope the new edition of Ro-Busters appears back on the schedule at some point.)

Ro-Busters will be split into two volumes, the first coming out later this year. Yes, it will be sporting a brand new cover from a legendary art droid. Yes, the colour spreads will be included.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

I doub't they'll bother reprint the Langley years from the Warriors in Mek File format either seeing as they are all already in hardback. A shame because I missed out on the Volgan War hardbacks.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 18 February, 2015, 05:22:34 PM
I doub't they'll bother reprint the Langley years from the Warriors in Mek File format either seeing as they are all already in hardback. A shame because I missed out on the Volgan War hardbacks.

Yeah, but the hardcovers are long since sold out - and the Mek Files came about because the early softcovers had become so hard to find, so there's hope yet!

The entire Volgan War saga would just - only just, mind - fit in a single hardcover, so that'd be one hell of a volume 4 (and arguably read much better than in single books). Alternatively they could split it between two books fairly easily. Then a volume 5 (or 6) would be thematically pretty pleasing, too - Return to Earth, Return to Mars and Return to Ro-Busters.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

'Blushes and covers trousers with pillow'
Stop it! The thought of such a beautiful collection is too much for me!

But imagine if we then got Invasion!/Savage hardbacks.....

Magnetica

Case Files 01 with colour spreads - yes please.

What I really would really like to see is a printing of The Cursed Earth with colour spreads. Has this ever been done? The re-prints I have are all in black and white.

A quick question  - how many centre spreads did Ro-busters have? I didn't think it was that many. I only have a handful of the Progs from then but do have the old Titan re-prints. Book One only has I think one centre spread (Terra Meks part 2) and I don't have book 2 to hand - I guess most were from that period?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 18 February, 2015, 05:56:30 PM
A quick question  - how many centre spreads did Ro-busters have? I didn't think it was that many.

Well, I'm guessing that all the Starlord stuff did, and won't that make up the bulk of the first book?
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 February, 2015, 06:00:02 PM
A quick question  - how many centre spreads did Ro-busters have? I didn't think it was that many.
Well, I'm guessing that all the Starlord stuff did, and won't that make up the bulk of the first book?
I'd assume so too. From the Prog, only episode 2 of The Terra-Meks was a centrefold.

Looking forward to the forthcoming colour SD Files 01 announcement.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: Molch-R on 18 February, 2015, 11:32:52 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 February, 2015, 11:29:26 AM
Hi Molch-r, can you tell us how tall the Apex edition of Zenith will be?  I assume "full size" means the size it was drawn at rather than the size it was originally printed at (prog size)?

I can't give you exact measurements but when we say 'full size' we mean of the original artwork.

This is excellent news, I've always been interested in IDW's beautiful looking 'artist edition' books, but could never justify the expense.
That reasoning will definitely be overruled by Thrill Power.

Everyone and their mother will surely pitch an idea for a similar tome, so here's mine; Firekind by John Smith & Paul Marshall.
IMO one of the greatest one-and-done stories ever published in the Prog, with sublime 'classic period' Marshall artwork.
Crucially; Paul Marshall still has all of the original artwork.

Magnetica

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 February, 2015, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 February, 2015, 06:00:02 PM
I'd assume so too. From the Prog, only episode 2 of The Terra-Meks was a centrefold.

Looking forward to the forthcoming colour SD Files 01 announcement.

Oh ok I have all the Starlords, so if the Ro-busters ones are mainly those, I don't think I will double dip.

Having recently borrowed the black and white SD Files 1 from the library I can say the colour spreads of Stront in Starlord are definitely worth seeing for those who haven't got them. As I said I have all the Starlords, so that isn't me. :)

glassstanley

The new Dredd Case Files Vol 1 makes much of the colour centre-spreads. Has it been confirmed anywhere that the other colour pages will be keeping their colour? A lot of the early Dredd strips were printed as the last story in the prog and their last page was in colour on the back page. A good example can be found in the Mr Buzzzz reprint in Mutants in Mega-City One.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I doubt very much I'll be able to justify the cost of Zenith Apex but by gosh I'm very happy to know that such a thing will exist for me to me in great envuy for those that can get it. Can't wait to see one... and then give it back daggnabbit!

J.Smith

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 February, 2015, 05:18:36 PM
Quote from: J.Smith on 18 February, 2015, 04:22:40 PM
...and I guess then, with it being hardcover, it'll be like the Mek Files volumes...

Probably worth pointing out that nobody's mentioned it being a hardcover. I doubt it will be to be honest. I asked when the Mek Files first came out if there were any plans for matching Ro-Busters/Nemesis books and was told 'no.'

Ah, I was misremembering what Keith said then, although I guess I also presumed they'd be hardcovers because that way they'd fit in with the Mek Files series which serve the same purpose, and because Dan Dare is being split into two hardcovers. Perhaps we can hear official word on which it is (great either way, mind)?

On the Mek Files and their inclusion of the Volgan Wars (which I can confirm were a pain in the arse to get hold of at a good price, the hardcovers being out of print) and remainder of the series, they could always collect those first four books in a volume or two and then take a break before collecting the Return To... books later on, perhaps taking the time to start another hardcover line, non-subtle hint hint?  :D As much more as possible of Pat Mills' various series' would get my vote.

Oh, and as for fantasising about the possibilities of other artist editions, I have no idea what books would be possible to put together collecting certain story arcs, but I will say that 2000AD has had over a thousand amazing covers and a short series of books reprinting the best covers they could get a hold of would...well, I can't even describe how that would make me feel really.

Spikes

Quote from: J.Smith on 18 February, 2015, 11:54:00 AM
Hm, wonder how big Yeowell's original art is then...

I'm sure there was a page of original Zenith art at the British Library exhibition last year. Not massively huge - as some original art can be, if i recall correctly...

But interesting, and exciting, that Rebellion is going down the 'artist edition' route, at last.

If you see this post Molch - Is there owt else planned? Be lovely to see some other releases.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Spikes on 19 February, 2015, 10:41:43 PM

If you see this post Molch - Is there owt else planned? Be lovely to see some other releases.

He's said elsewhere that at this stage alas not. We can only hope and its fun to speculate but looks like nowt else is coming.