Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Spikes on 20 February, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
It seems to be quite common practice by artist's to keep scans of their art, so im guessing this is what would have happened here.

Would the artists take high quality colour scans which would be needed for this sort of endeavour or just black and white scans?

hippynumber1

Quote from: James Stacey on 20 February, 2015, 04:07:37 PM
I think David Roach keeps his too ?

David has kept a few choice pages but a lot are in collectors' hands, mine included!  ;)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Spikes on 20 February, 2015, 04:27:29 PM

The first Dredd, and Rogue Trooper episodes are complete, for instance, and are out there somewhere. As are a good few other vintage individual episodes from various 2000ad strips.
A collection of these would be nice to see.

If it's impossible to get out a complete story or collection themed on a particular character, then the only hope for another Apex edition would be to make a collection of different 2000AD stories.  It would probably be just as impossible to assemble any complete progs (regardless of whether they form a run or not), but that way we'd at least see a second volume and it would also showcase a lot of different stories and artists. 
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Now available for pre-order at Amazon UK:

IDW Judge Dredd volume 7
Paperback, 152 pages, IDW Publishing, 4th August 2015

Dredd has defeated the Dark Judges and broken out of Sector One... only to find himself a fugitive in Judge Cal's insane surveillance state, with only Anderson in his head helping him survive Cal's rabid chase, in "Mega-City Manhunt." Collects issues 25-30.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Don't tell we're actually getting that much-needed epilogue!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 04 March, 2015, 10:17:54 PM
Oh what can it be?  ;)
https://www.facebook.com/2000AD/posts/10152656053461366:0
Intriguing. As I just posted on FB: "Interesting. That's definitely the prow of the Cradle of Filth from Red Seas. Maybe an epilogue or something?"
We never really die.

James Stacey

Curiously from that small snippet I get more of a Si Fraser vibe than Yeowell

Colin YNWA

Colour me intrigued.

The clouds I'd defo say The Mighty Yeowell, the sea less so.

If it is more Red Seas then I'm excited, but seems odd that a series that only finished  2 years ago (almost to the day by the date on the teaser) would return so soon.

Maybe they are going to announce it as the next US series? Both The Mighy Yeowell and Edginton have US name recognition?

TordelBack

The clouds, rain and rigging all say Yeowell for sure, but the sea is curiously densely drawn for him. If it is a Red Seas epilogue I'll be thrilled - there's much character stuff that needed to be resolved, not to mention the links to the future interlude strips and other Library Doors stories.

Link Prime

A portion of Yeowell's work on the recent DeMarco P.I. strip in the Meg was inked by the capable Lee Townsend- could be that he (or another inker) are collaborating with Yeowell on this.

Either way, I'd be very happy to see The Red Seas back, even just for a one-off.

Hawkmumbler

My bet's are on for an epilogue of sorts tying up loose ends from the last few runs. But....I still hold out hope for future collections.

Jacqusie

I read somewhere that Stickleback & the Red sea's are set in the same era? (which I doubted) Some kind of merging of the stories?

Hawkmumbler

Alternative realities, same era. I remember back when Brass Sun started trying to rationalise where it played out in the Edginton-verse, only to have those ideas dashed last year when I.E. himself declared it not an official part of his plans.

M.I.K.

I can't remember if it was specifically stated, but going by how everyone is dressed in The Red Seas, I'd assume it was set some time in the 18th century, (very early 19th at the latest), whereas Stickleback is set towards the end of the 19th century.

It's not the same era.