Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Strong looking Meg coming up from 361. Rennie and Ezquerra's El Maldito, a new series of Lawless and Paul Grist's Demon Nic in the creator owned slot.

All that and another Sci-Fi Special. Huzzah!

Quote from: TotalHack on 28 March, 2015, 09:33:35 AM
Robertson is a great artist with a proper 2000AD sensibility, but for this they either had to commission Bolland or re-use existing art for this book of all books.
Looking at this again, Anderson herself is good and firmly in keeping with the contents of the story, but the DJs are all a bit squiffy. I guess it's one of the risks of interpretation. A bit like when Carlos did an arc of The Boys and none of the characters looked quite right.
We never really die.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 January, 2015, 11:25:10 PM
Judge Dredd Case Files 01 in hardback, out in August.

"To celebrate ten decades of this mighty tome, Case Files One is being released as a hardback edition, complete with original colour centre spreads..."

Amazon UK have the cover on display:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

everdefiant

A new set of Diceman wouldn't go astray.

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Dan Dare the 2000 AD Years volume 01 - Hardcover, 320 pages, 5th November 2015

Waking from suspended animation after two hundred years, Dan Dare faced an unfamiliar universe, filled with terrible new threats, but also included all too familiar ones...such as his old nemesis The Mekon! Collected up for the first time, the first volume of this punk-fuelled space opera features the superb writing of Pat Mills (Nemesis the Warlock), Steve Moore (Doctor Who) and Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) with art by Massimo Belardinelli (Slaine) and Dave Gibbons (Watchmen).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

I'm pre-ordering but hoping for a price-drop. Thats quite a pricey volume despite a nice meaty page count.

IndigoPrime

I imagine there's some added in there for the licence required from Dan Dare Corp.

Colin YNWA

Also it has the colour center-spreads, or at least that what either Molch-R or Keef alluded to. There's a bit of me tempted to wait for a paperback should there be one... but to miss this would be criminal! 

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 April, 2015, 02:38:04 PM
I'm pre-ordering but hoping for a price-drop. Thats quite a pricey volume despite a nice meaty page count.

Mek Files RRP was £25.00, but Forbidden Planet (online) and others sold them for £17; Daily Dredds RRP was £30, but you could get it for two thirds of that if you shopped around. I imagine it should be fairly easy to get Dare for a similar real-world discount when released.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Oh I very much suspect so. As it is it fits in to my 10 pages per £1 rule but it's cutting it fine....

glassstanley

Of course, we'll end paying full price plus for the book mark edition.

Jock Savage

AL EWING - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

"Welcome to Battleworld -- where, in what's left of Mondo-City One, Boss Cage is the law!

The fascist futuropolis of Mondo City, originally invented by Jeff Parker, which is an analogue for a certain sci-fi mega-city I've written about in the past, one that British comic readers -- and fans of cool, cult sci-fi movies -- will be very familiar with. It's ruled over by the Bosses, who are judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of them all is Boss Cage, aging but still undefeatable clone of Luke Cage's grandson Danny.

It's no secret to anyone that I'm a huge fan of Judge Dredd. I've worked on the strip many times -- in fact, I have a Dredd story running in the Judge Dredd Megazine right now. So naturally, I would heartily recommend that anyone interested in this story or in good comics in general picks up some Dredd. Right now! If you've not read Dredd, particularly the Wagner Dredd, you're missing out on some of the very best sci-fi satire/action/drama ever written."

Check out an exclusive first look at Alan Davis and colorist Jordie Bellaire's cover for Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders #1 below, and look for the series in comic-book stores this July http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-24/exclusive-captain-britain-and-mighty-defenders-join-marvels-secret-wars

Jacqusie

Does anyone have any more info about the rumoured return of Ace Trucking Co with art by Nick Dyer?

Ta

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jacqusie on 29 April, 2015, 01:23:08 AM
Does anyone have any more info about the rumoured return of Ace Trucking Co with art by Nick Dyer?

Ta

Interesting, rumoured where? Not heard of this.

COMMANDO FORCES

It was mentioned on the 2000 AD facebook page and the link took you to  COMICS ALLIANCE

Bat King

Yes Dan Dare will be a mix of colour & black and white. My article about future releases covers that aspect, no previews yet.
I also assume a licence had been paid... But I am assuming no facts held.

https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/2000ad-to-release-more-firsts-in-2015-well-see/

Plus I coveted the early preview of the Summer Special. No preview art but yup Ace Trucking is back. Previews of Survival Geeks & Robo-Hunter pencils without dialogue.

https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/2015-summer-special-out-in-print-and-digital-on-24-june/

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex