Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay that's very cool. Nick Dyer on anything is a good thing. On Ace Trucking it does seem particularly good news. Thanks for the pointers everyone.

Link Prime

Quote from: Bat King on 29 April, 2015, 09:30:55 AM
Plus I coveted the early preview of the Summer Special. No preview art but yup Ace Trucking is back. Previews of Survival Geeks & Robo-Hunter pencils without dialogue.

https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/2015-summer-special-out-in-print-and-digital-on-24-june/

Nice scoop there BK, looks like a fun line-up.

Ace Trucking Co, eh? Who'd have thunk it.
Also very nice to see Guy Adams getting another outing on Rogue Trooper, his previous two one-off's were great.

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

ABC Warriors - The Mek Files volume 3 - Hardcover, 272 pages, 3rd December 2015.

The human colonists have ravaged Mars and the sentient planet has had enough! Martian natives have taken up the cause and are fighting back for their world. With tensions between the different factions at an all-time high, the A.B.C. Warriors are sent in to 'increase the peace'. But this mission is fraught with danger and at least one Warrior is destined to fall! Written by 2000 AD creator Pat Mills (Ro-Busters), this stunning black and white collection features the work of Henry Flint (Zombo, Judge Dredd), Mick McMahon (Slaine, Judge Dredd) and Carlos Ezquerra (Strontium Dog) amongst others.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

hippynumber1

Let's hope the repro is better than that shocking effort in Book 1

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 April, 2015, 11:57:50 AM
Okay that's very cool. Nick Dyer on anything is a good thing. On Ace Trucking it does seem particularly good news. Thanks for the pointers everyone.

I quite like Nick Dyers art, it's not groundbreaking but solid & reminds me of Cam Kennedy in a good way...

Ace Trucking Co.: Star's Truck by Eddie Robson & Nick Dyer

Eddie Robson on the other hand hasn't floated my boat at all. I wanted him to get some great stuff into the prog, but I've found his scripts to be way below par & sometimes just confusing without any fundamental realisation of the the story.

Sorry Eddie... here's hoping though.

Fungus

Finding a retread of Ace Trucking a highly strange cboice but I like Eddie Robson and Nick Dyer... Hope they pull this off...

Dash Decent

The ending of "Death Rock" part one in the 2015 FCBD prog caught me by surprise.  Is this a strip currently running in the prog?  With Ace Garp and Rogue trooper due to make reappearances, I wonder if there's any reason for revisiting some of these old characters (not that I mind) - tribute, anniversary, some kind of copyright refreshing?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Hawkmumbler

New Rogue Trooper? Surely you mean Bad Company?

But i'd take a re-release of Ace Trucking co. Vol.1 anyway, one of the biggest gaps in my tooth GN collection and one I dearly wish to fill.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 May, 2015, 10:40:38 AM
With Ace Garp and Rogue trooper due to make reappearances, I wonder if there's any reason for revisiting some of these old characters (not that I mind) - tribute, anniversary, some kind of copyright refreshing?

I think as well as being a bit of a proving ground for new talent, the specials are pitched mainly at the nostalgia market (or at least more so than, say, the prog) - hence a lot of adventures for characters who haven't been current for a while now; Rogue, Robo-Hunter, etc.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 02 May, 2015, 06:49:52 PM

I know about Bad Company, but I thought I'd read a recent post on the forum that an artist had mentioned on their blog that they were working on Rogue Trooper.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Jock Savage

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 May, 2015, 03:04:38 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 02 May, 2015, 06:49:52 PM

I know about Bad Company, but I thought I'd read a recent post on the forum that an artist had mentioned on their blog that they were working on Rogue Trooper.

It was mentioned on the previous page of this thread:

QuoteOn June 24, 2000 AD is putting out the latest in their line of 48-page seasonal anthologies, and as you might expect, the Summer Special is set to feature all the usual suspects that you get in the weekly prog. There's a Judge Dredd story, of course and Rogue Trooper makes an appearance,

Judge Dredd: Let's Go To Work by Mike Carroll & Jake Lynch
Rogue Trooper: Death of a Demon by Guy Adams & Darren Douglas
Ace Trucking Co.: Star's Truck by Eddie Robson & Nick Dyer
Survival Geeks: Movie Night by Gordon Rennie, Emma Beeby & Neil Googe
Robo-Hunter: Iron Sam by Alec Worley & Mark Simmons
Future Shocks: Dust by Gary Blatchford & John Higgins

http://comicsalliance.com/2000-ad-summer-special-ace-trucking-company/?trackback=tsmclip

Hawkmumbler

Well thats what I get! Ignore me being a numpty, gentlemen, and instead rejoice in the knowledge that we're getting another Darren Douglas Rogue story! Loved his last one-shot with the character.

Dash Decent

Thanks Jock Savage.  Glad to know it wasn't just another strange dream caused by eating that old cheese I found behind the cooker.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

New cover for Dark Justice: (Why no big Dredd logo?)

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 August, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
I love this cover.  The only thing that could improve it would be if Death's fingers hung over the Dredd logo instead of being masked off behind it.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Richard

It doesn't really need a big obtrusive logo. The image is eye-catching enough.