Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Will it include Breaking Bud? That seems kind of integral.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Adventurer on 09 August, 2015, 06:34:28 PM
Will it include Breaking Bud? That seems kind of integral.

Yes - Richard Elson's namechecked on the cover along with Henry Flint.
@jamesfeistdraws

glassstanley

I've just seen a copy of the new Ro-Busters hard-cover on sale in Brighton. Unfortunately the cover was damaged, so I didn't buy - I'd sooner wait in case there's a book-plate edition up for pre-order. I did have a scan through. I can confirm that all the bits that should be in colour *are* in colour; that the correct dialogue on the end of the final episode of Hammerstein's War Memoirs has been restored (linking to Ro-Jaws' Memoirs); that there's a Pat Mills introduction; that the publication date is October 2015 and that it includes the full run of Star Lord episodes, plus the 2000AD episodes up to and including Ro-Jaws' Memoirs. The strip from the Star Lord Holiday Special is included as a bonus. That leaves the Terra-Meks and the Fall and Rise of Ro-Jaws & Hammerstein for Vol 2, along with 5 2000AD Annual stories and (fingers crossed) the Mills/O'Neill one-off Ro-Jaws strip from Prog 144.

The shop also had copies the the 10th anniversary edition of the Complete Case Files Vol 1. Again, I have a pre-order so am happy to wait. Nice to see that everything that should be in colour is in colour, including the single pages of various episodes that ended up on the back cover. There's also a colour cover gallery. The whole volume looks fantastic and I would seriously consider purchasing any future volumes.

TordelBack

Damn you Tharg, damn you to Zrag. Would it kill you to just once put out some substandard pile of crud that I don't automatically covet?

vark

Quote from: glassstanley on 10 August, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
I've just seen a copy of the new Ro-Busters hard-cover on sale in Brighton. That leaves the Terra-Meks and the Fall and Rise of Ro-Jaws & Hammerstein for Vol 2, along with 5 2000AD Annual stories and (fingers crossed) the Mills/O'Neill one-off Ro-Jaws strip from Prog 144.
How is that possible as it is scheduled for October ??
I am with you for the expected content of volume 2.

Dash Decent

Quote from: TotalHack on 10 August, 2015, 08:08:48 PM
Damn you Tharg, damn you to Zrag. Would it kill you to just once put out some substandard pile of crud that I don't automatically covet?

I know what you mean!

(Source: downthetubes.net)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

That hand/gun looks so awkward - more like he's holding a microphone.

glassstanley

Hoping there's not much recoil on one of those guns :)

Hawkmumbler

The original 2000AD logo! :D

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: glassstanley on 11 August, 2015, 06:58:09 AM
Hoping there's not much recoil on one of those guns :)

No recoil on a laser blaster, except maybe at a quantum entanglement level. (I may have just made that last bit up)

Dash Decent

Quote from: radiator on 10 August, 2015, 11:39:04 PM
That hand/gun looks so awkward - more like he's holding a microphone.

The barrel should be raised more so it's pointed at the reader.

If I had the digital chops, I'd do a test edit, cutting around the circular sections and raising them to see what difference it made.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 August, 2015, 09:24:09 AM
The original 2000AD logo! :D

I like that the current logo (on the spine) is done to match with '2000 AD' in red and the surrounding flash in yellow.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

M.I.K.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 August, 2015, 01:22:49 PM
The barrel should be raised more so it's pointed at the reader.

Depends what bit of the reader he's aiming at.

Fungus

Yup. He's not looking directly at the viewer. He's looking... dan dare.

Hawkmumbler

I'll be nabbing that at Thought Bubble and no mistake!