Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Quote from: Tjm86 on 19 August, 2015, 08:19:47 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 August, 2015, 06:30:42 PM
Hark on me double posting.

Anyway have we seen the 'Thrills of the Future' for Blink by Dan Abnett and Ian Culbard before. Its on the latest Thrill mail and I don't remember it, but then that could just be my addled brain?

I noticed that as well.  Is this part of Brass Sun or something else?  That still has some distance to go doesn't it?  The end of book 3 last year said that book 4 would be coming some time ("Moorhead" I think).

I wouldn't have thought it was anything to do with Brass Sun as Brink is written by Dan Abnett.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 August, 2015, 06:30:42 PM
Anyway have we seen the 'Thrills of the Future' for Blink by Dan Abnett and Ian Culbard before. Its on the latest Thrill mail and I don't remember it, but then that could just be my addled brain?
Think it was mentioned from some Con maybe, but that's the first I've seeen that image.

Hate to be that guy but I'm very surprised at the love for Mortis in that preview image. To me, the other three look really good while Mortis resembles a side of beef in a leather jacket. Although, looking again, I think it might just be something about the overlap of the jaw and the shoulderpad which is throwing me off as he's a nice sickly hue.
We never really die.

hippynumber1

Mortis is perfect! I worked on a dairy farm in my youth and when a cow dies in the field overnight that's pretty much what you'll find - a great bloated corpse of a thing, oozing and stinking on the ground. It's one of the reasons I'm semi-vegan...  ;)

The Adventurer

"Whyyyyyyy a Cow Skkkkkkull?"

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

This is the kind of thing you miss if you're not on Facebook - it all started last November with a dream Dave Kendall had; the series was comissioned off the back of the great reception the images got when Dave posted them.

@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

I believe it's a sheeps skull actualy, and I believe in certain pagan traditions it's used as an idol of death.

Skullmo

A reboot that looks excellent!
It's a joke. I was joking.

I, Cosh

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 August, 2015, 08:41:27 PM
Mortis is perfect! I worked on a dairy farm in my youth and when a cow dies in the field overnight that's pretty much what you'll find - a great bloated corpse of a thing, oozing and stinking on the ground. It's one of the reasons I'm semi-vegan...  ;)
I don't doubt it. I guess I'm just used to him looking skeletal rather than decaying. Interesting that Dave's FB post says he's meant to look like exactly what I criticised it for.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

I noticed that as well.  Is this part of Brass Sun or something else?  That still has some distance to go doesn't it?  The end of book 3 last year said that book 4 would be coming some time ("Motorhead" I think).
Brass Sun is back in Prog 1950. As is Sinister Dexter.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 August, 2015, 09:27:52 AM
I noticed that as well.  Is this part of Brass Sun or something else?  That still has some distance to go doesn't it?  The end of book 3 last year said that book 4 would be coming some time ("Motorhead" I think).
YEEEEESSSS!!!!!BOLLOCKSSSS!!!!

sheridan

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 August, 2015, 09:18:26 AM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 August, 2015, 08:41:27 PM
I don't doubt it. I guess I'm just used to him looking skeletal rather than decaying. Interesting that Dave's FB post says he's meant to look like exactly what I criticised it for.

I wasn't keen on the rotting version of Mortis either, though it does make sense that he would - pristine white bones don't really convey decay...

This mini-series is to be set on Deadworld before they travelled to MC1, right?  So even 'in continuity' it could be before the flesh had rotted from his bones...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 August, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

No I think you'll find you mean

YEEEEESSSS!!!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!!!

Don't make me do my dance again...

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 August, 2015, 01:27:55 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 August, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

Taverramuch for that.  I'm going with the Y/B version though.  SinDex has crawled up its own continuity and died for my money.  Perhaps the next run will correct this view?

As an aside, has anyone received their copy of the 10th Anniversary Case Files 1?  I thought the release date was a week or so ago.

No I think you'll find you mean

YEEEEESSSS!!!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!!!

Don't make me do my dance again...

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Jacqusie on 17 August, 2015, 11:09:04 PM

hooo boy! Not many sleeps to go for this beauty (& the beasts...)

That's a dark take on the old Tears for Fears song.

Back when this was song was popular, some others would change the words a bit to sound like more like that thing that males commonly like doing with women....

PM me if you want know more about that ;)

BTW I like the cover art work so much, I might be interested in getting that too.

hippynumber1

If you mean the original artwork, Dave Kendall paints digitally most of the time these days and certainly the story pages are 100% digital on this.