Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 October, 2015, 09:31:32 PM
Or oddly in the case of Ken Russell's The Devils Warner's only allowed the BFI a region 2 DVD release last year because someone apparently in Warner would rather the film didn't exist at all - the film only lasted 3 days on itunes and never seems to get released in the US.

Fantastic monument to insanity that it is.

moldovangerbil

Anyone know if we're getting an Autumn/Winter Special this year?  I've not seen anything anywhere about it which makes me think last year's experiment is not being repeated.  :( :( :(

Molch-R

No Winter Special this year, sorry.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 October, 2015, 12:14:13 PM
No Winter Special this year, sorry.

Just 'cos you've got a new hardback on the shelves every two weeks, plus regular podcasts, on top of the usual output, you think you can all act like lazy drokkers this year.  Cheek.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

IndigoPrime

Nice cover, shortly before someone says: "Yeah, but villain defeats aside, the population of the city you're sworn to protect is only 6.25% of what it was a mere 30 years ago, Dredd."

Dredd then packs up his showing-off holograph, and has a long bath while dreaming about tight boots.

Alec Worley

Wotcha!
The collected misadventures of DANDRIDGE is due to come parping down your digital thrill-funnels on Wednesday 28th October.
Stuffed with extra bits of nonsense from the Doctor's personal archives.
Fancy.
(Will tweet a pic of the front cover as this 'insert image' button doesn't seem to like me.)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 October, 2015, 09:18:43 PM
Apparently there's already an Oz DVD out

Score!

If any Aussies are looking for this, it's a JB Hifi exclusive (see sticker).  They had it in the "Special Interest" section with other documentaries, and it was great to see they had lots of copies, not just two or three.

The SKU number is 761694.  If you take that number with you they can find it quicker on the shelf if you have to ask for help locating it.

My next photo is lousy but I just wanted to show the on-disc art (or lack of).  It will be interesting to see what the UK release looks like.

Here's the back of the slick.  There is nothing printed on the reverse of the slick (not surprising as it comes in a black case).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

I love the way they animated some frames and covers!

Should we tell TS there's about two seconds of animated Slaine?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dandontdare

Region 4 unfortunately - is there an easy way of playing these without buying an Australian DVD player?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 October, 2015, 12:30:20 PM
Region 4 unfortunately - is there an easy way of playing these without buying an Australian DVD player?
PC/Laptop should handle it I think. Assuming you've still got an optical drive.
We never really die.

Steve Green

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 October, 2015, 12:30:20 PM

There were a few standalone DVD players which could be switched region, depends what you have.