Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 October, 2015, 12:30:20 PM
Region 4 unfortunately - is there an easy way of playing these without buying an Australian DVD player?

And what about PS3 or PS4 player?
margaritas ante porcos

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: jacob g on 20 October, 2015, 03:42:47 PM
Region 4 unfortunately - is there an easy way of playing these without buying an Australian DVD player?

And what about PS3 or PS4 player?
Sony NEVER allow region free on their DVD/BD players, that includes games consuls.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 October, 2015, 12:07:13 PM
I love the way they animated some frames and covers!

Should we tell TS there's about two seconds of animated Slaine?

Animated Slaine!!!!!

Are these DvD's available now?

Dash Decent

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 October, 2015, 02:20:58 AM
Animated Slaine!!!!!

Hi TS, yes, they're on sale at JB Hifi for $20.  Have a look on line or try your local.

When I say 'animated', it is a bit but not huge amounts.  Think more along the lines of "the eyes roll to one side" rather than full-on CGI cartoon wizardry.  It does look good but it really is a short and minor part of the DVD.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

You could rip it to hard drive with something like MakeMKV.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Probably worth noting that quite a few internal and external PC/Mac DVD drives do have a region lock or permit only a very small number of region switches. Take care to investigate how yours works before going all Aussie, or you might have to stick with it.

ming

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 October, 2015, 11:53:13 AM
Probably worth noting that quite a few internal and external PC/Mac DVD drives do have a region lock or permit only a very small number of region switches. Take care to investigate how yours works before going all Aussie, or you might have to stick with it.

VLC is a good workaround for that stupid, annoying need to region-switch with the internal Mac DVD player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

glassstanley

Surprised and delighted to have picked up Mek Files 3 & Ichabod Azrael GNs today. Both recent strips, so no worries about the quality of reproductions. Nice collections both :)

janus stark

is it to early to ask what the line up is for the end of year prog?

Dandontdare

thanks for all the advice on region 4 viewing - I've seen it on the big screen already, so there's no urgency - I think I'll wait for the official UK release.

Colin YNWA

Well I'll be, if that comes to light it will be quite the thing. But don't they realise it will surely makd the value of my original issues tumble... well yes it is al about me!

Hawkmumbler

'Kin hell! Someone check the thermostat I think hell just froze over. :o

Spikes

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 October, 2015, 07:04:28 AM
But don't they realise it will surely makd the value of my original issues tumble... well yes it is al about me!

Never mind your comics, what about my original art? Worthless now. Worthless...

But this does raises a few questions. Not least of all is this a real thing?
Over to you Tharg...

And if real, I wonder if anything was altered to get it into print?