Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Quote from: glassstanley on 28 October, 2015, 05:35:29 PM
Surprised and delighted to have picked up Mek Files 3 & Ichabod Azrael GNs today. Both recent strips, so no worries about the quality of reproductions. Nice collections both :)

Hi glassstanley - could you tell me whether the Ichabod Azrael graphic novel is a hardback or a softcover. Much obliged.

I, Cosh

Quote from: janus stark on 28 October, 2015, 05:47:17 PM
is it to early to ask what the line up is for the end of year prog?

The Galaxy's Greatest Comic sees out the year with another bumper 100-page special Christmas issue featuring a fantastic line-up of talent - Rob Williams and Henry Flint team up for Judge Dredd: Melt, in which the perils of the ice storm that recently engulfed Mega-City One haven't gone away; Johnny Alpha returns in Strontium Dog: Repo Men by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, where Alpha and his fellow S/D agents take on a job that may be too big for even them; ABC Warriors: Return to the Ro-Busters by Pat Mills and Clint Langley flashes back to Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein's time with the Disaster Squad of Distinction and reveals the truth behind Ro-Jaws' rebellious attitude, and much more!

New series of The Order in January as well.
We never really die.

glassstanley

Quote from: Max Headroom on 29 October, 2015, 09:00:20 AM
Surprised and delighted to have picked up Mek Files 3 & Ichabod Azrael GNs today. Both recent strips, so no worries about the quality of reproductions. Nice collections both :)

Hi glassstanley - could you tell me whether the Ichabod Azrael graphic novel is a hardback or a softcover. Much obliged.

It's a softcover.

Dark Jimbo

Surprised and delighted to have picked up Mek Files 3 & Ichabod Azrael GNs today. Both recent strips, so no worries about the quality of reproductions.

You say that, but at least one of the pages of ABC Warriors: Third Element was a pixellated mess in the softcover collection - it looked like a corrupted jpeg. Have they fixed it for the Mek Files? It was the last page of Liam Sharp's story.
@jamesfeistdraws

glassstanley

You're right - there's still a problem with that page. Hard to pin it down exactly. To be honest, I find the art in that story very odd. There's some excellent work interspersed with some much weaker stuff and the latter makes it hard to follow the story at times. That final page didn't leap out as a problem because of that.

At least it's no longer called the Thrid Element.

Hawkmumbler

Welp. Looks like we wont be getting the Dandridge collection in TPB. And holy moly has it really been over 100 progs and two years since we last saw the chap?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 October, 2015, 09:15:27 PM
Welp. Looks like we wont be getting the Dandridge collection in TPB. And holy moly has it really been over 100 progs and two years since we last saw the chap?

Wut?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Butch on 29 October, 2015, 07:00:57 AM

Not on Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Cursed-Earth-Uncensored/dp/1781084440

I'm very tempted to get this just to take into every MacDonald's restaurant in my home town (We have three!) and take it out and read the thing right in front them.  I don't think they would even notice and get it (The current generation working there in this day!) and be offended or take action against me. Otherwise, they bloody deserve it, the slack arses and if I wasn't so hungry for fast food (I'm much faster!) at that time of the night I wouldn't bother with them at all.

Fungus

They would be oblivious to your hilariously satirical meal, as they performed their menial, low-paid jobs.

The Adventurer

mcDonalds Corporate probably doesn't even remember the situation. It's probably in some archived legal brief in a file somewhere. Unknown by any but the most curious of corporate lawyers.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dash Decent

It would be interesting to know how Rebellion renegotiated the promise to never reprint the material, or if there are other considerations (e.g. the old agreement was limited to certain territories).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 October, 2015, 05:27:49 AM
It would be interesting to know how Rebellion renegotiated the promise to never reprint the material, or if there are other considerations (e.g. the old agreement was limited to certain territories).

Well, it's not like Rebellion ever made a promise not to reprint the material (or even existed at the time - I'm guessing Jason and Chris were schoolkids at the time).

IndigoPrime

Wasn't it just General Mills that got its knickers in a twist originally anyway? The whole thing's bizarre, really. Plenty of British comics have done far harder satire than this story.

Link Prime

jabish

Just saw that. I guess with the actual Prog 2000 happening next year they have to have the bumper end of year prog just be part of normal numbering. Makes sense because there will be an actual Prog #2016 fairly soon. Nice line up though:

Judge Dredd: Melt by Rob Williams & Henry Flint
Strontium Dog: Repo Men by John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra
The Order: In the Court of the WyrmQueene by Kek-W & John Burns
Absalom: Family Snapshots by Gordon Rennie & Tiernen Trevallion
ABC Warriors: Return to Ro-Busters by Pat Mills & Clint Langley
Kingdom: Beast of Eden by Dan Abnett & Richard Elson
Future Shock: The Mighty Mykflex by Martin Feekins & Jesus Redondo
Sinister Dexter: Blank Ammo by Dan Abnett & Simon Davis