Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

The contract issue has been anticipated and taken care of:

"30A    Caricature, parody or pastiche
(1) Fair dealing with a work for the purposes of caricature, parody or pastiche does not infringe copyright in the work.
(2) To the extent that a term of a contract purports to prevent or restrict the doing of any act which, by virtue of this section, would not infringe copyright, that term is unenforceable."

Magnetica

A Cursed Earth volume with a) the so called banned issues included and b) the centre spreads in colour has been debated quite a lot - see the Mega Collection thread for example.

Now I would love to get my hands on such a thing - even if it means buying a third Cursed Earth collected edition.

But for me, this currently falls into the "believe it when I see it" category pending any official word from Rebellion.

IndigoPrime

Any official word? All those news articles are based on Rebellion's press release.

Magnetica

ok hadn't seen them when I posted that - have now read the other thread. Was just so surprised - never thought it would happen. Especially given the previous comments on the Mega Collection thread along the lines of "why would  Rebellion take the risk". But looks like they are sure it is now ok.

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

2000 AD: The Creator Interviews, Volume Two [Kindle Edition] - 11th November 2015

Exclusive interviews and career overviews of key comics creators taken from the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine. In this second collection Alex Garland, Jim McCarthy, Jock, Greg Staples, Chris Weston, Will Simpson, Karl Urban and Arthur Wyatt discuss their work in comics, 2000 AD and many other titles in great detail.

2000 AD: The Creator Interviews, Volume Three [Kindle Edition] - 18th November 2015

Exclusive interviews and career overviews of key comics creators taken from the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine. In this third collection Dave Gibbons, Simon Fraser, Kevin O'Neill, Jesus Redondo, David Roach, John Hicklenton, John Cooper and Dave Taylor discuss their work in comics, 2000 AD and many other titles in great detail.

2000 AD: The Creator Interviews, Volume Four [Kindle Edition] - 25th November 2015

Exclusive interviews and career overviews of key comics creators taken from the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine. In this fourth collection Alan Moore, Brett Ewins, Liam McCormick-Sharp, John Higgins, Colin Wilson, Dylan Teague and Peter Doherty discuss their work in comics, 2000 AD and many other titles in great detail.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Very pleased about those creator interviews are coming out love this kinda thing. You have to say Rebellion are knocking it out the park at the moment. The amount of good stuff coming out, both directly or by licencing, the amount of new things being tried and you kinda hope doing well given it all seems to still be coming, is just fantastic.

If you compare it to 10 years  ago when I first got back into 2000ad... well it just doesn't.

Dash Decent

Agreed!

I'd love to see some more computer games though.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IronGraham

So glad the interviews are back  :D
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd Casefiles 27 - Paperback, 19th May 2016, 320 pages.

Blurb: Mega-City One - a nightmarish enclosure located along the Eastern Seaboard of North America. Only the Judges - powerful law enforcers supporting the despotic Justice Department - can stop total anarchy running rife on the crime-ridden streets. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law and these are his stories...The madness of Mega-City One comes to light once more, as Judge Dredd fends off a mob of sex-crazed robots, battles corruption in the Mega-City fast food championship and takes a tough stance against the latest Mega-City fashion trend - the peek-a-boo pants!

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Richard on 02 November, 2015, 08:52:51 PM
The contract issue has been anticipated and taken care of:

"30A    Caricature, parody or pastiche
(1) Fair dealing with a work for the purposes of caricature, parody or pastiche does not infringe copyright in the work.
(2) To the extent that a term of a contract purports to prevent or restrict the doing of any act which, by virtue of this section, would not infringe copyright, that term is unenforceable."

But is it a caricature to portray multi-nationals as war-mongering narcissists?
Lock up your spoons!

Bad City Blue

Just a quick post hijack to ask some of you to read and vote in our latest brilliant short story comp "1600AD". There is a 2000AD Graphic Novel for a random voter

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=42741.0
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

credo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 November, 2015, 01:54:46 AM

Judge Dredd Casefiles 27 - Paperback, 19th May 2016, 320 pages.

Is it just me, or is that a faster rate of publication for the Case Files than we have seen in recent years?

That'll be 2 by May, when we only got 2 in the whole of last year (Feb and Aug). With Cursed Earth Uncensored in July, can we expect a Case Files 28 before Xmas 2016?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Apestrife

Titan deserves HC!

Wonder if it'll collect the upcoming "Melt"?

Regardless. Looking forward to reading it in collected form.

TordelBack

Quote from: Apestrife on 24 November, 2015, 04:24:26 PM
Wonder if it'll collect the upcoming "Melt"?

Hey,it's Tharg, of course it'll be in there - he ain't no mark for the Venus of the hardsell.