Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Fungus on 01 December, 2015, 01:40:59 PM
Yeah - that Greysuit cover is really striking and works well. White backgrounds do seem to stand out.
272 pgs is a hefty volume, could read a lot (as opposed to a bit) better collected.
Especially as there have only been 192 pages of it so far. Does that late 2016 release date indicate a typo another story next year or just Amazon placeholder values not being updated?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I really like the Greysuits use of two styles. The only thing I find a bit weird is the grimdark* images under the big painted image seem to be forming a heart. Now this might be me seeing to much but once you have it in ya head its either a deliberate juxtaposition or the must violent valentines since 1929.

*If you've read the Superman vs. Batman thread you'll understand why I've used this term... and will probably a few more time until I get bored of it!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 December, 2015, 03:44:21 PM
Yeah I really like the Greysuits use of two styles. The only thing I find a bit weird is the grimdark* images under the big painted image seem to be forming a heart. Now this might be me seeing to much but once you have it in ya head its either a deliberate juxtaposition or the must violent valentines since 1929.
Surely it's a butterfly. Like the one in the actual title of the book. And the picture of one just above it.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 December, 2015, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 December, 2015, 03:44:21 PM
Surely it's a butterfly. Like the one in the actual title of the book. And the picture of one just above it.

Well yes but it looks like a heart. Even if its a butterfly its a pretty grimdark one.

Fungus

Took it as a butterfly too. It could even have worked if done more subtly...

Hawkmumbler

Planet of the Damned and Goldtiger are both in my pre-order queue and those covers only make me more excited.  :D

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd Year Two: The Righteous Man (Kindle Edition) by Michael Carroll, 15th January 2016
As the Judges cart Rico Dredd away for questioning and exile on Titan, his clone-brother Joe comes under scrutiny. They're cut from the same cloth; can Joe Dredd be trusted? An investigation begins, and Dredd is shipped off to an iridium-mining town in the Cursed Earth, which has come under pressure from mutant raiders.  But everything is not as it seems. When the reason for the raids becomes clear, Dredd will have some tough decisions to make.

Judge Dredd Casefiles 27  – 19th May 2016, 320 pages, paperback.
The madness of Mega-City One comes to light once more, as Judge Dredd fends off a mob of sex-crazed robots, battles corruption in the Mega-City fast food championship and takes a tough stance against the latest Mega-City fashion trend – the peek-a-boo pants!

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Grant Goggans

Of all the many things I'm really looking forward to from the House of Tharg, Goldtiger is the runaway winner.  I can't wait to read that.

I, Cosh

Sure I saw Rob Williams say something about a new Sensitive Klegg outing on Twitter recently.
We never really die.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 October, 2015, 01:32:04 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 September, 2015, 04:55:14 AM
Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Sooner or Later - Paperback, 7th April 2016, 96 pages.

1986. Thatcher's Britain. The financial 'big bang' saw the rich get richer. Riots errupt in prisons across the country. And Micky Swift is still on the dole! Disillusioned with his dour existence in dreary Camden, Micky's life is suddenly turned inside out, when he is plucked from the present and dragged into the 30th century as the property of one Mr & Mrs Katsbreath - a case of mistaken identity. Unwanted, trapped in the future and still unemployable, If Micky wants to return home (time travel isn't cheap you know!), sooner or later he will need to find a job!

Cover is up.

New cover:

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Bolt-01

Is it just me or are all of those poses lifts? I mean it is a nice cover, though why is Rogue looking a bit pale and someone has pulled Alpha's arms a bit. But the whole thing looks like lifts...

TMO- was that part of the brief?

The Adventurer

That's a Mike Allred cover? Definitely doesn't feel like one of his best.

Also, maybe its just the image, but does it look a bit narrow? Like it's US comic sized?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Lifts alright - Rogue for definite (almost looks like a cutout pasted on), Anderson perhaps not.

But I actually really like it! Very bright and fresh, which is to say very Allred.

Hawkmumbler

Dredd's a lift of a Bolland scan as well.

I like it though, Allred is a good sort.