Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 29 April, 2016, 05:04:19 AM
Scarlet Traces: Cold War & the next book of Flesh with Clint Langley on art chores in the prog as of July according the listing in the latest US edition of Previews. Am unsure at this stage if Langley will actually be drawing this with pencil & ink or merely importing photographs of real dinosaurs into Photoshop.
Photographs of real dinosaurs?  What, their skeletons, in museums? :-P

Trent

Looking at Titan on the 2000AD website it doesn't list 'Fit' or 'Melt' in the contents. Surely any collection of this storyline needs to contain all the related stories particularly since Henry Flint drew all of them. Does anyone have a definitive list of the contents?

The Adventurer

I suspect that's accurate. As unfortunate as that is. Those two are essential to the arc.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

O Lucky Stevie!

Has anybody mentioned the John Wagner & Brendan McCarthy Dredd strip in 2016 Summer Special yet?

Or the fact that the Ace Trucking Co strip in the self same special marks the return to the fold of none other than Nigel Dobbyn?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 02 May, 2016, 02:42:42 AM

Has anybody mentioned the John Wagner & Brendan McCarthy Dredd strip in 2016 Summer Special yet?

Or the fact that the Ace Trucking Co strip in the self same special marks the return to the fold of none other than Nigel Dobbyn?

Does it really. I'd not picked up on that. Now that is a perfect news and get to have my call

GET THE DROID BACK IN THE PROG

Which I've made for Nigel heeded for once*

*As of course Tharg is listening to me and it has nothing to do with the fact that any comics editor could see Mr Dobbyn's emmense talent and that he's a fantastic fit for the strip.

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

The Daily Dredds Vol. 2 - Hardcover, 6th October 2016, 96 pages.

This second volume of the Daily Star Dredds features the weekly strips published in the popular national tabloid that ran between July 1986 to the end of 1988, featuring action-packed stories from John Wagner and Alan Grant and sumptuous  art from Ian Gibson, Mike Collins and the legendary Ron Smith.

96 pages seems a bit slim after the 320 pages in the first volume.  Are these in colour?

And here's the double-whammy:

Dan Dare - The 2000 AD Years Vol. 2 - Hardcover, 3rd November 2016, 320 pages.

Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future ids a British icon. He was created by Frank Hampson in 1950, and first appeared in the Eagle comic where he was an instant hit with the British public. Almost a decade after the original series had ended, Dan Dare was resurrected in the pages of a brand new sci-fi comic for boys – 2000 AD! In this volume: Dan Dare and the crew of the Eagle One continue their journey through deep, uncharted space, where they encounter a host of evil alien tyrants, including dare's arch-nemesis the Mekon! This volume of Dan Dare concludes the iconic British hero's adventures within the pages of 2000 AD.

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 May, 2016, 06:39:14 AM
*As of course Tharg is listening to me and it has nothing to do with the fact that any comics editor could see Mr Dobbyn's emmense talent and that he's a fantastic fit for the strip.

If we learnt anything from Red Razors it is that Nigel Dobbyn can draw a cracking old skool Dredd.

So if Mister Tharg in his emerald eminence has, say, any Young Anderson scripts spare with no artist currently attached  (hinthintittyhint)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 May, 2016, 01:13:48 PM

The Daily Dredds Vol. 2 - Hardcover, 6th October 2016, 96 pages.

This second volume of the Daily Star Dredds features the weekly strips published in the popular national tabloid that ran between July 1986 to the end of 1988, featuring action-packed stories from John Wagner and Alan Grant and sumptuous  art from Ian Gibson, Mike Collins and the legendary Ron Smith.

96 pages seems a bit slim after the 320 pages in the first volume.  Are these in colour?

And now back to Bob in the studio.

Cover now up:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 March, 2016, 12:42:16 PM
Steve MacManus's mighty tome is now up for pre-order at Amazon UK: The Mighty One - Paperback, 8th September 2016.

Nice large view of the cover:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

That Daily Dredds vol. 2 cover is a place holder? The images of Dredd and Anderson are from a couple of lovely Star Scans I remember very fondly.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 May, 2016, 07:23:31 PM
That Daily Dredds vol. 2 cover is a place holder? The images of Dredd and Anderson are from a couple of lovely Star Scans I remember very fondly.

Pretty much the final cover with a few minor tweaks.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 03 May, 2016, 07:35:22 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 May, 2016, 07:23:31 PM

Pretty much the final cover with a few minor tweaks.

Oooo. Suddenly Stevie isn't disappointed that it is not another Ron Smith.

Link Prime

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 02 May, 2016, 02:42:42 AM

Excellent news.

Grant Goggans

That Mighty One cover is just amazing.

Leigh S

By my reckoning, you would have a Vol 2 of about 351 pages if yopu printed the 10 stories below:

Weirdies () featuring Citizen Snork!
The Mean MAchine (IG) featuring...
Bride of Death (IG) featuring...
Vigilante (IG)
A Guide to Mega City Law (IG)
Crime of Passion (BK)
Fat City (IG & SD)
Cursed Earth (IG) featuring Henry Ford!
Undercity (IG) featuring Anderson
The Menagerie (MC)

That wouldnt quite get you up to 1989 though - you would need another story (The Monster Maker, also Mike Collins) and another 34 pages... I suspect it should really read 1986 to 1988 on the cover, given teh blurb says up to the end of 1988 (if you count end of October as near the end as dammit)