Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 July, 2019, 02:47:21 PM
Probably the bigger issue was / is that Tories don't have the first clue how to compromise.

Which was basically ignoring the solution.

Dandontdare

Apparently, loads of party members were sent multiple leadership ballots, but the party don't intend to do anything about it because they "trust that their members know the rules and will only vote once"

So that's alright then, 'cos you can always trust a Tory.

Professor Bear

A few extra ballots isn't going to make much of a difference, as they're going to install that chinless inbred by a large margin.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 09 July, 2019, 10:38:37 PM
A few extra ballots isn't going to make much of a difference, as they're going to install that chinless inbred by a large margin.

The beauty of this post is that you can pretend you were right whoever wins.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Pro-roguing? We've been doing that since Helm was inserted!
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Funt Solo

Was browsing the BBC news site:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Theblazeuk

Go back where you came from.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that because a lot of people agree with me.

Disgusting.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 17 July, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
Go back where you came from.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that because a lot of people agree with me.

Disgusting.

It's unbelievable, isn't it?  A few years ago we would have been all over this thread in shock and dismay.  These days we're just shaking our heads sadly.  The water's getting pretty warm but we're staying put; there's nowhere to hop to.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

He really is an utter cockwomble.

The people who rush to defend him deserve hounding to their dying day.

TordelBack

Daily politicians say and do things that even 20 years ago would have meant a press hounding and a swift resignation. But then I wonder, have the middle-aged always thought exactly this about the politicians of the day?  I can almost hear the Baz Luhrmann lyrics...

And then Trump says "spics out!", or words to that exact effect,  and people DEFEND him,  and I'm pretty sure it's worse than any nostalgic idealism could possibly invent.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 July, 2019, 01:32:14 PM
Daily politicians say and do things that even 20 years ago would have meant a press hounding and a swift resignation. But then I wonder, have the middle-aged always thought exactly this about the politicians of the day?  I can almost hear the Baz Luhrmann lyrics...

And then Trump says "spics out!", or words to that exact effect,  and people DEFEND him,  and I'm pretty sure it's worse than any nostalgic idealism could possibly invent.

I wouldn't have thought that talking about "spaffing" in relationship to child abuse would have allowed one to continue working, yet it seems to be a qualification to become prime minister these days.

TordelBack

"Oooh Sheridan, you're so PC! You can't say anything nowadays". According victims of abuse basic human dignity is not "so PC".

Johnson isn't qualified to run a tombola. If he showed up and volunteered to clean the toilets (no chance) at a community event, I'd run him before he could get us sued.

Dandontdare

investigating historic child abuse was described as money spaffed up the wall - BY THE MAN WHO WASTED A BILLION - YES A BILLION-  QUID OF PUBLIC MONEY (AGAINST EXPERT ADVICE) ON VARIOUS VANITY PROJECTS!!!

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 July, 2019, 04:23:07 PM
investigating historic child abuse was described as money spaffed up the wall - BY THE MAN WHO WASTED A BILLION - YES A BILLION-  QUID OF PUBLIC MONEY (AGAINST EXPERT ADVICE) ON VARIOUS VANITY PROJECTS!!!

Completely read that as INSANITY PROJECTS...