Main Menu

Prog 2231 - Take Cover, Citizens!

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 May, 2021, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 May, 2021, 07:36:13 PM
The Elson droid's eye for character design is just amazing  [....] there's so much care and attention lavished on making them distinctive. It's a pleasure to work on these pages.

It's not that often I look at a new supporting character design and instantly want to know all about them - Midnight indicating Shame being the most recent prior example - but the Necromancer grabbed me from the first panel. And in our post-scarcity era of magical fantasy 'baddies', that's no mean feat.

scrotnig

This is a strong prog, but I want to say that Thistlebone has me gripped like nothing has for many years.
It's a complete masterpiece in every way, story and art alike. I almost have no words.

I, Cosh

Anyone else having an issue to download this weeks Prog in the app. The normal two restarts and a logout aren't working.

NB I know there are other ways to get it. I'd just like app to work.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Conversely I had no problems for the first time in ages - normally I have to restore purchases and/or logout before the current prog even appears. There was an update for me yesterday (Android), which I was putting it down to.

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 13 May, 2021, 12:36:14 PM
Anyone else having an issue to download this weeks Prog in the app. The normal two restarts and a logout aren't working.

NB I know there are other ways to get it. I'd just like app to work.

I once had to re-install the app. I am running on iOS but so far no new problems except the usual (log in and out or restart the app).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Molch-R

A major update went through on the app yesterday, so please check your devices to see if it has installed.

If you continue to have problems, please email our support team so that they can inform the developers.

Tiplodocus

A good start and glorious art on DREDD but I do prefer it when stories focus in citizens I can root for rather than crime lords or their heirs. But as Tordels points out, she does seem conflicted so glad to see where this goes.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2231 :)

Found the future shock way too busy so the remaining 4 thrills are duking it out for my top 3 this week

1st - Thistlebone - more than one baddie now out in the open, last two issues twists galore (sorry lol) excellent short form writing that will also read great in a collection
2nd - Dredd - Easy Money indeed, rich girl realises now how the family got loaded
3rd - Feral and Foe - more of a reflective story this week

Sean SD

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 May, 2021, 11:03:02 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 May, 2021, 07:36:13 PM
The Elson droid's eye for character design is just amazing  [....] there's so much care and attention lavished on making them distinctive. It's a pleasure to work on these pages.

It's not that often I look at a new supporting character design and instantly want to know all about them - Midnight indicating Shame being the most recent prior example - but the Necromancer grabbed me from the first panel. And in our post-scarcity era of magical fantasy 'baddies', that's no mean feat.

Design of the characters in Feral and Foe is great for sure

norton canes

Almost forgot to post!

Er... all good, really! Lovely prog - magnificent art and script on Dredd (+cover), Thistlebone as engrossing as ever, laffs in Infesties, a well-written (if slightly overcomplicated) Future Shock and the QC on Feral & Foe is not, I think it's fair to say, lacking.

Nice!

MacabreMagpie

Stunning cover art by the Robinson droid and I foresee a fantastic career ahead for Anna Morozova. Hopefully Tharg can keep hold of her skills for a while as I can think of many US titles she'd be a great fit for!