Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 September, 2019, 10:38:07 AM

Vol 8 - Lord Of The Beasts
Vol 9 - Book Of Invasions 1 (Moloch, Golamh, Scota)
Vol 10 - Book Of Invasions 2 (Tara, Odacon, Carnivale)
Vol 11 - The Wanderer, Book of Scars
Vol 12 - Brutania 1, Brutania 2
Vol 13 - Brutania 3, Brutania 4

That basically confirms your guess at the content for each of the remaining Slaine volumes then.

Jade Falcon

Are Hachette braindead?

I got a reply about my missing Slaine.  They say they don't supply local newsagents, but they supply distributors which supply newsagents, so in effect, they do.

What the hell are these muppets up to.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Swerty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 October, 2019, 02:52:05 PM
ABC Warriors 5 collects Volumes 1 and 2 of the Volgan War, as we suspected it might. Such a lush-looking book - wish that Rebellion would collect things this way, and not package each volume as a measly 96-page book. (Incidentally, what we have here is the 'remastered' version that Clint did for the trades, not the original prog versions).

It's confirmed in the intro that volumes 37 and 38 will collect the entirety of the Books of Invasion; and the Warriors are mentioned as being 'on indefinite leave in the prog' - meaning, I suppose, that there's no new tale in the pipeline (presumably because Pat's busy with Spacewarp - and hopefully not that he's burnt bridges with Rebellion over royalties or somesuch).

One of the highlights of the entire collection this next ABC volume

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 07 October, 2019, 08:26:13 PM
Are Hachette braindead?

I got a reply about my missing Slaine.  They say they don't supply local newsagents, but they supply distributors which supply newsagents, so in effect, they do.

What the hell are these muppets up to.

Eaglemoss do the same. I had 2 issues of my Star Trek Graphic Novel collection go missing from the newsagents. Bought them online instead. And then 10 weeks later they arrive at the newsagents. Thankfully just another 20, at 1 a week, to go for that collection. Should be done by February.

abelardsnazz

The latest issue was a no-show this morning at my local Thrill-merchant, who showed me the delivery note which said something like, "insufficient stock". Hmm. It is available on the Hachette site so hopefully will turn up in the next few days.

Tomwe

Finished the latest two issues. ABC was pretty great although I question the need for the double page splash artwork that I assume was part of the previous collection but not in the prog. Just one more in this series. Shame we aren't getting the follow ups too.
On Rogue, I liked the different locations though the crabs were clearly xenomorph knockoffs. And it looks like the final rogue will skip The Hit?

Neil C

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 08 October, 2019, 07:53:02 AM
Eaglemoss do the same. I had 2 issues of my Star Trek Graphic Novel collection go missing from the newsagents. Bought them online instead. And then 10 weeks later they arrive at the newsagents. Thankfully just another 20, at 1 a week, to go for that collection. Should be done by February.
Hate to break it to you, but there's well over a year left to go on that. It's been extended to 145 issues.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Neil C on 12 October, 2019, 02:13:02 AM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 08 October, 2019, 07:53:02 AM
Hate to break it to you, but there's well over a year left to go on that. It's been extended to 145 issues.

Ah man!

abelardsnazz

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 09 October, 2019, 12:56:44 PM
The latest issue was a no-show this morning at my local Thrill-merchant, who showed me the delivery note which said something like, "insufficient stock". Hmm. It is available on the Hachette site so hopefully will turn up in the next few days.

Volgan War 1 still s no-show at the Thrill-merchant so have ordered from FP. Hopefully just a blip...

Jade Falcon

Still a no show for my missing Slaine.  I know I'm not a Slaine fan but I don't want a gap in the collection.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

Tomwe

remaining books now listed (and titled) on FP
61: Slaine: Books Of Invasions: Volume 1
62: Nikolai Dante: Volume 6
63: ABC Warriors: The Volgan War Volume 2
64: Caballistics Inc., Volume 1
65: Strontium Dog: The Life And Death Of Johnny Alpha
66: Slaine: Books Of Invasions: Volume 2
67: Rogue Trooper: Volume 5
68: Ampney Crucis Investigates...
69: Nikolai Dante: Volume 7
70: Slaine: The Book Of Scars
71: Durham Red: The Scarlet Cantos
72: All-Star Future Shocks
73: Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles: Volume 1
74: Nikolai Dante: Volume 8
75: Savage
76: Sinister Dexter: Volume 3
77: Nikolai Dante: Volume 9
78: The Grievous Journey Of Ichabod Azrael
79: Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles: Volume 2
80: Caballistics Inc.: Volume 2
new covers:

karlos

Those covers are lovely.

So, SD is 8 volumes?  Thought it was 10 - or was I dreaming?

Tomwe

Quote from: karlos on 16 October, 2019, 06:46:35 PM
Those covers are lovely.

So, SD is 8 volumes?  Thought it was 10 - or was I dreaming?
Seven numbered, with the last of those due soon including Final Solution, and three modern volumes.

leethomson

Well that puts to bed all the conjecture over the remaining volumes...let the baseless extension supposition commence!

I'd be very happy to see any of the following:

Red Seas
Scarlet Traces
Brass Sun
Absalom
Necronauts
Brink
Grey Area
Firekind
Leatherjack
Revere
Indigo Prime