Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil C

Oh, joy. After finding it harder and harder to find copies locally, I gave in and subscribed via the Hachette website to start from Issue 57.

Guess what they've sent me today?

Issue 6.

*bangs head on desk*

Jade Falcon

Finally the missing Slaine came in, ten weeks late, not bad Hachette.

Can we nominate them for the most crap customer service.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mardroid

Eaglemoss could be a contender.

To be fair they answer the phone, (eventually) but I'm still waiting for a big refund of over £100 for Discovery Starship collection models that never arrived.

Basically there was a special deal some months back for the discovery version of the Enterprise for £9.99. (A good deal as these are the larger models.) I never received an acknowledgement email for subscribing  but they took my money. Goods never arrived.

I contacted them, and they said it was because I subscribed with a device other than PC. The registration wasn't completed properly. I was told that I'd be refunded back automatically. Instead another payment was taken, this time more money (you know the second discount price these things are). And later more was withdrawn. Then again. 

Between these payments being taken I did contact them again and they informed me they asked me for my account number (which was never sent). They then asked me for bank statements proof of the withdrawals. In my case it was PayPal, but I supplied that. They were very apologetic, and seemed puzzled that the debits were continuing since I want technically set up. They do they'd forward my info to head office. A couple days later another chunk was withdrawn.

I cancelled direct debit at my end and it hasn't occurred anymore, but there's been no refunds and no models sent. I should have done that straight away, I suppose i was hoping they'd rectify things their end.

Thankfully I've been working so it's not made me on debt at all, but it's really annoying.

I requested their head office contact details and our seems I have to send them a physical letter by post.

Haven't gotten round to that yet. Printing is a minor rigmarole for me, but it'll do that very shortly.

I only wanted the Enterprise too! That'll teach me.

christy2002b

Quote from: Neil C on 21 November, 2019, 02:57:24 PM
Oh, joy. After finding it harder and harder to find copies locally, I gave in and subscribed via the Hachette website to start from Issue 57.

Issue 6.

*bangs head on desk*
I

I hear that - I tried to subscribe repeatedly but after getting my third copy of issue 6 I finally twigged that there was no way that they were ever going to be able to start a subscription with issue 29. Very poor customer service.

Leigh S

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 November, 2019, 08:34:26 AM
Didn't Bircham redo a bunch of things for the reprint, or am I misremembering?

Langley redid/recoloured parts of his first Slaine story - the Robin Hood one whose name escapes me!

Possibly confused by them both featuring (ISTR) green Ukkos for some reason?

IndigoPrime

The Monarch

Neil C

Quote from: christy2002b on 21 November, 2019, 09:38:21 PM
Quote from: Neil C on 21 November, 2019, 02:57:24 PM

Issue 6.

*bangs head on desk*
I

I hear that - I tried to subscribe repeatedly but after getting my third copy of issue 6 I finally twigged that there was no way that they were ever going to be able to start a subscription with issue 29. Very poor customer service.
Well, the woman I spoke to yesterday, who sounded as though she was drugged and being forced to work there against her will, claims that she's corrected it and I should receive the correct issues in 7 to 14 days.

I won't hold my breath.

IndigoPrime

I'm genuinely amazed you got to speak to someone. They're variable but usually reasonably responsive on Facebook Messenger – I'd say 90% of my queries have been responded to, and the majority acted on accurately. (A tip there is to be VERY clear in your requests. Do not be vague. If you want a replacement for specific issues, ask for them. Bullet-point lists work well.) I've had the odd response via email, too, albeit from people who I'm not sure have used email before, nor necessarily communicated with actual humans.

As a quick contrast regarding customer service, I recently ordered a batch of stuff from Rebellion that Yodel helpfully dropped and also abandoned while I was away on holiday, during which time it was pissing down, hence what was inside also getting water damage. Within two working days, I'd been offered a replacement order, which then arrived when promised. All simple stuff, but it felt like I was dealing with a real person (although, as we know, all of Tharg's minions are of course actually cartoon robots – good AI though).

Neil C

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 November, 2019, 01:41:37 PM
I'm genuinely amazed you got to speak to someone.
Me too! I'd been on hold for about ten minutes and had been played the "F#%! off, we're busy" message a few times, then the "We're not going to answer and this call will terminate automatically if you keep holding" message but I decided to persevere and the Hachette hostage answered a minute or so later.

I'd tried Facebook messenger on Thursday morning but as yet my message is still unread.

Neil C

Argh! Just checked my online account to see if the correct issues have been allocated yet, and my subscription is now showing as Cancelled. Here we go again.

Tomwe

Quote from: Neil C on 28 November, 2019, 03:22:19 PM
Argh! Just checked my online account to see if the correct issues have been allocated yet, and my subscription is now showing as Cancelled. Here we go again.
Save yourself the pain: go to forbidden planet and preorder the remainder of the series. The books are 50p off retail so by the time you've ordered them all the bulk postage £5 will have been offset twice over. The only one they don't have you're after is 58. The books ship as soon as they come into stock (and you're only charged then too) in a nice hard cardboard sleeve.

rs_jr

has an extension been announced ?
was the dredd extension announced closer to the end?

Neil C

They're taking the f'ing piss now. Just logged into my Hachette account again, and it seems that instead of jumping my sub on to issue 57, she hasn't just cancelled it, but she's also subscribed me to the Deadpool collection starting at issue 4. My direct messages on Facebook remain unread.

My head hurts...

IndigoPrime

Er. That's... quite something.

It's like they randomly respond, half the time. I once made the mistake of saying I was "thinking about cancelling" because of their screw-ups, whereupon they immediately cancelled my subscription. That was a lesson learned.