Main Menu

In defence of the off topic thread

Started by Tanky, 30 December, 2004, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

stop being all defensive dooofus !   & get back to work.

and i don't piss off til saturday morning, arrive somewhere warm sunday. passports passsports oh glorioussss passports arrived !  

Slippery PD

go and take your spikey red boots and snow with you then.....  :P

Slips

Queen Firey-Bou

aye, i will, & you better take yur handbag dear.

Slippery PD

Harumph.  its a shoulder bag anyway...  :)

Your on the list....  

Slips

Noisybast

Terror was the preamble before Total War. The one with the Colin MacNeil art.

Terror
8 episodes (Progs 1392 to 1399)
49 pages
Script: John Wagner
Artist: Colin MacNeil, Colour: Fully Painted
Letters: Tom Frame
Thrill Power: 8.23 (47 votes)

El Basto Rocko

-Noisybast

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1393.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Something Fishy

Good on you tanky....

I know i am one of those that perpetuate the off-topics but for me it's great fun to have the mixture of topics and off-topics.

I have read since prog 2 but thats it, i just read and i'm not really that into it.  If this were pure on-topic, i'm afraid i'd have a lot less fun with it.

Sad to see the likes of Logan go but surely it would be sad to see a total end to the vibrant nature of this board.

raspberry reich

i know it was a really boring off topic discussion, but this was the only place i could think of to ask, as most of my freinds are either planing to become lawers and listen to buddy holly all day(dont ask) or hate music completly.
and i fought well they new about those little cardboard toys from the 70s and if they no about something as obscure as that they might no about this. plus i like off topic threads this is the best chat room on the internet theres more freedom to say what your thinking. and you get the feeling you can trust everyone on the site because no one comes off as being a creepy perv looking for kids to feed his hunger. and i think it is to do with christmas that theres bearly anything on the site. there hasnt been an issue in awhile and everything was talked about in the first week.in the end sorry for the off topic thread i no i can be a bit boaring amd anoying.

Floyd-the-k

well put, tank grrl!
    I like this board, me.  On occasions when I get bored with it I either take a little time off or try to put up something interesting.
   I know what you mean about review threads.  I subscribe, but since I don`t live in the UK, by the time I get my prog, the review thread has usually said all that can be said on a subject.

cheers,

Floyd

Tanky

The difficult bit about review threads is resisting the temptation to read it!

Bico

Then how's about all us latecomers starting our own review thread around late thursday/friday?  That's when my prog usually shows up, anyhow.

We can call it 'Non-subber review thread: prog 14xx'.  I, for one, wouldn't mind being able to offer something a bit more than how shabby Synnamon was this week.
"Queen of the Universe" my arse.