Main Menu

Zelda! Zelda!

Started by Tex Hex, 02 May, 2003, 05:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex Hex

Two words EDX: Monkey Ball :o)

The nintendo exclusive stable was strong enough to convince me, and I own a fair few cross-platform titles too. Mario and zelda are now too integral to my game playing that I just couldnt do without.

Im hearing that the Mario 64 sequel-proper, Mario 128, is coming soon. Yay!  

The Enigmatic Dr X

Is mokey ball any good? Seems awful gimmicky to me?
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

Super Monkey Ball does exactly what it says on the can.

There's a monkey.

In a ball.

And it's super.

And I'm not just saying that because of all of the Monkey In A Hat stuff either.  

Super Monkey Ball is great and I'd play that above Rogue Leader any day (which sure was purty an' all but the difficulty of the missions seems entirely random and hence I found it utterly infuriating)

I thought PIKMIN and LUIGI's MANSION were pretty good fun as well - a commendable step away from the usual genres.

Anyway, who cares if it's for kids; NINTENDO still make great games.  Playing ZELDA last night made me realise that photorealism is not the way to go for *EVERY* game.

BUt I still wish I had all 3 consoles under the telly...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Matt

While you guys are busy chasing chickens, earning rupees, fishing and just generally enjoying being a gay elf-come-gnome, I'm gonna nick a few cars, kill a few cops and brutally bludgeon a couple of hookers to death with a baseball bat. Oh and I might have a go on GTA as well ;)

James

"I've been toying with the idea for a while and just missed out on the great Argos offer that was going recently. Still fancy one though, but need some encouragement"

Do it. Get a second hand one for about ?75.00.

Yes oh yes.

My my Link, what a large chopper you've got there...http://www.equipegames.blogger.com.br/zelda-080%5B1%5D.jpg">

James

"nick a few cars, kill a few cops and brutally bludgeon a couple of hookers to death with a baseball bat"

Now to me that's not what enjoying yourself is about. It's all a bit underhand and violent. I may be mellowing in my old age, but can't people see that this kind of thing, even with it's 18 rating, has the biggest appeal, and no doubt the biggest sales, with children. And this can't be a good thing to grow up doing.

I could bang on about this forever, ut I won't.

"Responsible" James

Trout

The Trout pops up very late to say:

I won a Terrahawks DVD (generously donated by Logan) in the Shedcon:1 raffle and I can honestly say it's a children's TV programme that's stood the test of time.

It was never actually good, but it's hugely entertaining. Chuffing hilarious, in fact.

Class.

- Trout

Richmond Clements

Terrahawks always started with the hero guy playing some computer game and being interrupted, didn't it?

Hands up who used to pretend to be playing it at the time?

Just me then...