Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

A quote from Groucho Marx on politics...

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Frank Zappa called it the entertainment branch of Industry
You may quote me on that.

Emperor

I have to say I'm less than impressed with campaign literature in the local elections and the voting reform referendum.

I completed my postal vote a few days ago, at which time I had only received one bundle of leaflets in an envelope specifically addressed to me, which is odd in itself as it was the Conservative candidate's leaflet, the local Tory newsletter and the No campaign leaflet of lies but the local Conservatives know to avoid me house and the two either side because they'd be risking a bollocking. So the only real effect was to strengthen my vote for AV because it is clearly what the Tory's and their millionaire backers want. It does make me wonder about the funding of these things, as Cameron has been very specific that the no vote is non-political, so who was paying for the envelope and employing the person who posted it through the door (and then ran away very quickly)? It is all very shifty indeed. I also got a No campaign leaflet sent to me through the post too.

Since sealing up my postal vote I got a leaflet from the Greens which I dropped straight in the recycling, I'm sure the candidate appreciated that.

Nothing from Labour or the Lib Dems or the Yes campaign. Pretty piss poor considering this is a Labour seat but the local wards are held by the Lid Dems, so you'd think Labour might want to capitalise on the Liberals' problems and steal a council seat or two. Given the Lib Dem support for AV it is odd that I have seen nothing from them on this either.

I know the No campaign has received orders of magnitude more funding but you'd think the folks pushing for Yes might want to set out their stall somehow.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emp

Labour,conservative...all a shower of lieing twats that promise the earth and deliver sod all!
I'm just waiting for the day that you can vote for "none of the above"

Got loadsa bumf from all the main parties...and they all say the same thing...."its all their fault"...and "we will..(insert what people want to hear)"....strange that when they get that vote they do fuck all but blame their opposition for their inability to make any of the changes they promised.

chilipenguin

Wrote another post for my new blog, accompanied by this image:

Blog can be found here: http://chillypolitics.blogspot.com/

Definitely Not Mister Pops

So this happened 300 yards from the house in which I grew up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13196032

The month of May has an election, the Queen's visit to the Republic and the 30th anniversary of Bobby Sands death. I'm thinking of starting a sweepstakes on what date these utter fucktards and cowards will blow something up.

Any takers?
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Incredible, isn't it?   Just what this island needs right now.  Please, please, crawl back under your rocks you fucking vermin. 

Matt Timson

I don't like being in the EU. Who should I blow up first?  ::)
Pffft...

johnnystress

Did everyone else think 'France'?

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Hoagy

Just had the CENSUS operatives around saying this is the last nice visit they'll make and the fine people are coming next.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck the CENSUS is up to? Its scaring the hell out of me.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

I dunno. I put mine in the post and a week later a guy from the census knocked the door saying they hadn't received it. We've heard nothing from them since, so I'm presuming it turned up eventually. What did you do with yours?
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Just tell them you did filled it in and posted it already.
Pffft...

Hoagy

Well I showed them I hadn't[Filled/posted] but said that I will and then post it. So I will consider both your posts. Cheers.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.