Main Menu

Rik Mayall - Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ!

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 14 September, 2005, 02:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

And of course this comes with his latest project - a mainstream ITV 'comedy' drama that looks equally poor.
Very radical Rik.

Funt Solo

Yeah, how dare he try to make a living - the bastard!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Satanist

Read about this yesterday. The titles cos he is taller than Hitler and was dead longer than Jesus.

I like his stuff but he'll never top landing on his head.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Noisybast

"...dead longer than Jesus"

What, three days?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Generally Contrary

"Yeah, how dare he try to make a living - the bastard!"

Well that works... as a defence of the career choices made by people actually 'making a living' rather than accruing a load more wealth to an already pretty big pile of cash.

Not that I have much to say here: I haven't enjoyed anything Rik Mayall has done, except The Young Ones.  And I haven't seen that in a while.

Funt Solo

Aye, I loved The Young Ones, and I enjoyed that one with B'Stard in it (what was that called?)  Oh, and a lot of the Comic Strip Presents stuff.  And Kevin Turvy.  And the Danger Brothers (?) from Fri./Sat. Night Live.

But Filthy, Rich & Catflap, Bottom (except for the xmas special with the "Gold, Frankenstein and Grrr!" line) and that movie with the hotel in it all left me not laughing and a bit bemused.  And that American movie where he plays the imaginary friend.  Although I still quite like it as harmless nonsense.

As for his bank balance, I wouldn't have a clue.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Generally Contrary

The New Stateman.  Tell you the truth I haven't seen that.

Funt Solo

It's probably dated horribly - although you could just pretend he was a Labour politician and it might suddenly work again.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

House of Usher

Of everything Rik Mayall has done since The Young Ones and The Comic Strip Presents, Bottom is the thing I enjoyed most, and I could watch most of them over again. But not the one where they went camping on Wimbledon Common - that was rubbish.

I liked the one where they stole Taffy O'Jones's honeymoon best.
STRIKE !!!

DavidXBrunt

In his last sitcom - 'Trust nothing' he faced a Richard Branson like meglomaniac villain who was trying to take over the world but talked him out of it by questioning his motives and what happened next before leaving him to his fate in a blackout. Sound familiar?