Main Menu

Interesting Carbon emissions site

Started by Tweak72, 12 March, 2009, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Godpleton"It occurred to me that Thryllseekyr has rendered P-Dog obsolete as he provides a high standard of gibberish which is actually on-topic and free from unsavoury "insight".

I normally skip those posts as their sheer volume of verbiage shortens one's life of worthwhile time wasting.

Bouwel

I find them interesting, but despite reading a lot in my free time I find 'wall of text' posts hard to read even when well formatted. This is not a comment on the user or post content, more a personal preference of mine.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "House of Usher"Unfortunately, the banks have our money, and they own the houses we pay mortgages on. The banks lost all our money because of bad investments and risky lending. What would happen to the money we owed the banks if they were left to sink or swim? Why, they would chase us up for all the outstanding cash we owe them, and not lend us any more. Businesses that depend upon bank credit for cash flow or expansion would close. People who had savings in the banks would lose all their savings. That's what all the miserly old bastards were afraid of when they withdrew all their money from Northern Rock. In order to protect savings, the flow of credit and the homes of people who have mortgaged property, the government had to bail out the banks with more of our money. This means the people who lost our money in the first place still get to run the banks, because they're the people who know how to do banking. What's the alternative?

The alternative is to actually physically troubleshoot the banks and change the board of directors of the banks and change and review the way that banks do business like fractional reserve lending as just one example.

The above would happen to any other failing business if it was to be bailed out yet for reasons unknown this doesnt apply to banks.They were given our money with no conditions which is insane.

The other problem is with the high St banks is that they are PLCs and being PLCs the profits of banks are shared between shareholders so the banks could not save any money for a rainy day and bail themselves out .

Northern Rock while being bailed out with taxpayers money [nationalisation] is still a PLC with shareholders as you can buy shares in them even though you already own shares in them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

worldshown

Quote from: "peterwolf"Northern Rock while being bailed out with taxpayers money [nationalisation] is still a PLC with shareholders as you can buy shares in them even though you already own shares in them.

Sorry Peter. From the Northern Rock website:

HM Treasury announced on 22nd February 2008 that it had acquired all the shares in Northern Rock and that all entitlements to shares issued by the company had been extinguished by a Transfer Order made under the Banking (Special Provisions) Act 2008. The Transfer Order came into force, and the transfers under it were made at 00:01 on 22 February 2008. Therefore shares cannot be bought or sold.
Details of the tax position of former shareholders following public ownership can be found in the faq's section.

A list of people who held shares immediately prior to the transfer is being maintained. Therefore no further action is required.

Former shareholders can update their contact details by writing to the Registrar, Capita.

http://companyinfo.northernrock.co.uk/shareholders/

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "worldshown"
Quote from: "peterwolf"Northern Rock while being bailed out with taxpayers money [nationalisation] is still a PLC with shareholders as you can buy shares in them even though you already own shares in them.

HM Treasury announced on 22nd February 2008 that it had acquired all the shares in Northern Rock and that all entitlements to shares issued by the company had been extinguished by a Transfer Order made under the Banking (Special Provisions) Act 2008. The Transfer Order came into force, and the transfers under it were made at 00:01 on 22 February 2008. Therefore shares cannot be bought or sold.
Details of the tax position of former shareholders following public ownership can be found in the faq's section.

A list of people who held shares immediately prior to the transfer is being maintained. Therefore no further action is required.

Former shareholders can update their contact details by writing to the Registrar, Capita.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "worldshown"

I must be getting mixed up with another bank that was bailed out recently.One of the banks had shares put up for sale by the Government that didnt generate much interest.

Without backtracking i just cant remember which bank it was.

[I think i just double posted by mistake]