Main Menu

Prog 1383

Started by opaque, 27 March, 2004, 02:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

First time I've ever seen it early, in my local Borders picking up a copy of Banzai Battalion.

And it looks packed full of really good stuff

Read the Dredd and skimmed through the rest of it.

Dredd: I know it's coming but with the 'if you don't agree with me heres my badge' theme but it feels like things are being forced down a certain route that is confirmed in the last frame.

My guessing is that everyone gets killed bar Dredd and the PSI (is it Karyn?) and that Rico has hidden on board and will save him later on.

thrillpowerseeker

Wow is the earliest ever appearance of a prog?..friday evening for a copy which shouldnt be hitting the shelves till wednesday and through your letterbox monday(hopefully)

philt

bought it today in Cambridge - thanks a heap Tharg - last weeks wasn't anywhere so no doubt now I have buy it as a back issue - for ?2.30....

Nice work if you can get it.......

Max Kon

opaque

I just realised, I never mentioned that it was the Cambridge Borders I was in!
Nice to know theres someone else in Cambridge on here.

Philt, have you tried Forbidden Planet on Burleigh Street? On the odd occasion I've been in there they've had the last few weeks worth.

opaque

Yes 83, why on earth did I put 43? I've been transposing digits and letters for the last 2 days!

philt

Was in Forbidden Planet - did have a few back issues -just not last weeks issue...

Not a happy camper at the mo

philt

...well knowing Cambridge's reputation for being a place of learning and culture I knew I couldn't be the only 2000ad reader in thee area ;-)

Satanist

What the fu...I thought this was a joke.People who dont subscribe are now beating me to read it & I cant help but read these threads and try to skip the story details.

Noooooooooooooo!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

philt

Spoilers
Cover - Chrs Weston with a strangely old fashioned looking Rogue Trooper Cover....

Dredd - missed last weeks so don't know what is going on...not a fan of Adlards work. (Although the previews for Savage look pretty impressive) Seems to be a lot of er "resonances" with the Apocalypse War. I wondered how long it would be before the word "bloodline" would raise it's head - 5 frames in...and the Sov's are at it too. This is turning into Eastenders when someones previously unmentioned indeed unhinted at relative appears - with hilarious consequences

Sinster Dexter - nice art - don't care about the story - Any chance we could get Andy Clarke to draw Dredd?

Rogue Trooper - missed an episode - so haven't a clue what's going on  

Bec And Krawl ..please stop it's hurting my eyes

Durham Red - missed an episode so have even less idea what is going on than usual

Input - white on sable - lovely...

Overall - it's one of those "the prog after the missed prog" issues - like Prog 273 and the one after the second part of the first Chopper story

Dudley

I don't care about all that - IS DROID LIFE IN THERE?????

philt

Nope - no sign of it

Systematic

I looked at this and I thought it was a time warp thread. In case anyone is a bit confused, the thread title should read Prog 1383 not 1343. Is it possible to correct thread titles?

Thread Zero

Nope - no sign of it

It is, you know - you just need to look a bit harder than usual.

Thread Zero

Input - white on sable - lovely...

And letters from not one but two boarders, too...