Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 16 February, 2015, 11:51:44 AM
All the Jews, LGBT folk and the entire population of Poland pre-1940 because apparently the Holocaust never happened.

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here but are you implying Alan Moore is a holocaust denier? I've never heard that before.

ZenArcade

Really, fervently hope not. The guy is one of my all time favourite writers. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

I was refering to conspiracy nut's as a whole but now I think about it I could certainly have thought of a better analogy. In no way was I critisising Mr. Moore, I have the up most respect for the man, this was just yet another example of my own impluse reaction getting the better of me. Sorry chaps.

TordelBack

Well I got a good laugh out of the juxtaposition of Moore's Beard and Schindler's Ark anyway!

The Legendary Shark

As did you, Rich, when you brought up holographic aeroplanes in a discussion about how the towers collapsed. Maybe I'm just learning from the Master, huh?
I don't give equal time to all theories and ideas, I may read a lot of them but if they don't seem plausible I don't investigate further. I often simply read (especially the more "out there" ideas) simply as a writer.
And yes, I do know what as an example means. In fact, I'm still waiting for you to give me an example of the hard evidence I've ignored - or was the non-existence of holographic 'planes it? Or were the holographic 'planes a smokescreen to hide the fact that you can't find any hard evidence for me to ignore?
You're right, K-Pops, there is very little hard information out there. I'd suggest starting with official USG documents - the NIST Report, the 9/11 Commission Report and the NIST (I think) Building Performance Report on the Pentagon, which are (or were) all available to download as pdfs.
When researching this, if I may offer a humble tip, the best thing to do is concentrate on the questions and do them one at a time. Here's a good question, and a challenge, to start you off: What hit the Pentagon? Prove it. There, that can't be too hard, can it?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Let's say that the US government wishes to create a terrible and spectacular incident that will kill thousands of their own citizens in order to shift public opinion and let them bring in harsh anti-terror laws and go to war with a couple of countries. This I can accept as possible.

However, the idea that they'd do it by planting a nuke under the WTC, or wiring it with demolition explosives, and then fly a couple of planes in to the building to mask the detonation, all under the eyes of millions of live TV viewers and hope that not one of the thousands of people who would have to be involved ever 'fess up is frankly ludicrous. Why would they care whether the buildings fell straight down into their own footprint? The plane would have been enough however the building fell.

I tend to discount 95% of conspiracy theories purely on my belief that government agencies simply aren't competent to pull them off without being found out.

ZenArcade

DDD, exactly. We have seen governments in action (although the word action is flattering). They are a cabal of incompetent fuckwits who are currently deconstructing societal foundations in as kack handed and overt a fashion as it is possible to imagine. They are tools of the monied cabals, who are themselves as myopic and venal as it is possible to envisage. Able to do 9 11, $ome chance! Z

The Legendary Shark

Who says it was the Government? I certainly don't know who's to blame. It could have been billionaire Larry Silverstein, who was struggling to make the Towers pay and was faced with a huge bill for de-asbestosing the buildings. It could have been 19 young terrorists with box-cutters and a 'How to Fly a Jet' manual. Maybe four pilots just decided to commit suicide that day. Maybe it was Dick Cheney, for the cash his defense/oil/whatever shares stood to make in the subsequent wars. Maybe it was Elvis, for a bet with Lord Lucan. Maybe it was Russia or Saudi Arabia. I don't know.
Going in with the mindset of there only being two options - Al Qaeda or GWB - helps nobody.
What happened, who was involved and why.
Just be careful what you believe - an open mind is like an open wound; if you don't look after it, it'll get infected (with holographic aeroplanes).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

It was most likely that it was the young men with the box cutters. It seems that 6 recieved flight training at a facility in San Diego of which 4 were adjudged competent.
They used extremly brutal tactics to cow the passengers and cabin crew and probably severly injured or murdered the flight crews.
The level of competency required whilst notable (particularly in a navigational sense), was not at a pilot standard as they did not have to take off or land the several planes. Z

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 May, 2011, 01:20:55 PM
I'm hearing rumblings that the 2012 London Olympics will be used to stage a "global event" in order to usher in new global governance. The preferred event seems to be a false-flag, staged alien invasion. How to fool millions of people around the globe? Easy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2534499/Beijing-Olympic-2008-opening-ceremony-giant-firework-footprints-faked.html

See also http://www.septemberclues.info/ for suggestions as to how such a thing might be pulled off.

A bit of CGI inserted into live coverage, a few missiles or pre-installed charges set off and a screaming media would just about sew it up. Be one Hell of an Opening Ceremony, though.

Just trawling through the thread and found this one. Yeah we all remember this Global Event, y'know, from before, when we had a governement and not this new governance, right?

Right?

Guys..?

The Legendary Shark

But they had to pinpoint relatively tiny targets, descending from thousands of feet on a precise trajectory at hundreds of miles per hour whilst simultaneously learning to fly a complex aircraft. With one chance to get it right. After taking over the planes with knives. Or maybe they knew how to program and override the autopilot.
Oh yeah, at least 95% probability there. I wonder if you could even do it on Microsoft Flight Simulator with no practice? (I know I couldn't, I'm crap at computer games.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

I did say the navigational skills were noteworthy. They did have flight orientation and most importantly of all the will to suceed. Z

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 February, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
But they had to pinpoint relatively tiny targets, descending from thousands of feet on a precise trajectory

You mean like pilots do all the time when they're landing on a runway?
You may quote me on that.

Old Tankie

A bunch of nutters fly two huge planes, filled with aviation fuel, at hundreds of miles an hour into two tall buildings causing a massive fire storm, which, over a period of time, weakens the integrity of the buildings and they collapse, killing thousands of people going about their daily business.  What else is there to say?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Old Tankie on 16 February, 2015, 03:34:14 PM
A bunch of nutters fly two huge planes, filled with aviation fuel, at hundreds of miles an hour into two tall buildings causing a massive fire storm, which, over a period of time, weakens the integrity of the buildings and they collapse, killing thousands of people going about their daily business.  What else is there to say?

Apparently a lot...