Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

On September 10, 2001 (great timing, btw), then U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld disclosed that his department was unable to account for roughly $2.3 trillion - so yeah, have at it!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

As in alternative to well written and presented?
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Is there an alternative to peer reviewing? Turns out, if you want quality journalism, then no.

The Legendary Shark

While we are all breathlessly watching an old reprobate, one of the world's most famous apex parasites, be fitted with a gold hat we should all loyally say, "I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God."

Yeah, right.

Dream on, Charlie.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 April, 2023, 07:44:44 PMWhile we are all breathlessly watching an old reprobate, one of the world's most famous apex parasites, be fitted with a gold hat we should all loyally say, "I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God."

Yeah, right.

Dream on, Charlie.

I don't always agree wholeheartedly with you, Sharky, but I'm with you all the way on this one.  Easy for me to say, of course, being from a different country and not having a monarch, but the idea of someone being born to rule just feels abhorrent to me.

Also, wasn't he killed years ago by that hippy in Purgatory?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 April, 2023, 09:49:15 PMthe idea of someone being born to rule just feels abhorrent to me.
That's all well and good, but can the touch of President Michael D. Higgins cure scrofula?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JWare on 30 April, 2023, 11:11:35 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 April, 2023, 09:49:15 PMthe idea of someone being born to rule just feels abhorrent to me.
That's all well and good, but can the touch of President Michael D. Higgins cure scrofula?

I don't know about that, but the touch of Prince Andrew can probably cure you of mental wellness.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 30 April, 2023, 11:11:35 PM

You've just reminded me that I met him once in Bray. He definitely made me feel taller than I am.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Happy May Day, comrades.
Ni dieu ni maître.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

I've gone the Woodward route for the last couple of decades, and sought out a fire-burning pseudo-pagan piss-up for May Day wherever possible. Haven't managed it this year though, so it's cans in the garden for me.

lincnash

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 May, 2023, 12:54:43 AMI've gone the Woodward route

I sometimes re-watch an episode or two from the Equalizer boxset also.
:P

JayzusB.Christ

In other Chuck Windsor news, he doesn't like slavery and doesn't hate other nationalities and religions.  So he's 'woke' apparently, because not being a bigot is somehow bad.

https://www.thejournal.ie/charles-king-coronation-6051539-May2023/

Funt Solo

He has asked us to swear allegiance to him and his descendants, so - y'know - a little bit power mad, there.

I think the best I can say about that is that he's only *asking*.

NewsThump says "Nation invited to swear allegiance to the King RSVPs 'F**k No'"
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.