Main Menu

Zarjaz 07: The PAT MILLS special.

Started by Bolt-01, 18 February, 2009, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Woooooow...

Fantastic stuff! The Slaine-esque logo is sublime, and works really well. Nick Dyer's Slaine and Ukko are superb, too.

Really excited about this, and great to hear that Pat's relaxed his attitude to fan-fic - maybe the epic Nemesis prequel I planned out a few years ago is not as dead-in-the-water as I thought...
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

QuoteThe Slaine-esque logo is sublime

The genius that is Mike Carroll did that.

QuoteNick Dyer's Slaine and Ukko are superb

Yup- Nick is drawing my script- and when I saw these pics, I wee'ed myself a little bit.

Quotemaybe the epic Nemesis prequel I planned out a few years ago is not as dead-in-the-water as I thought...

Actually- see where I said there were a few no-go areas..?

Dandontdare

Is it just going to be Slaine and ABC warriors, or do you have free reign over any PM creations? There are LOADS of possibilities out there - Nemesis, Robusters, Savage, even Mach 1! (vs Greysuit perhaps? - Probe would have 'im for brteakfast!)

Richmond Clements

No Nemesis, as it's done and dusted as a saga.
But pretty much anything else is okay.

WoD

I'm excited by this - the Slaine art looks amazing.

Matt Timson

Congrats on this, lads- quite a coup!
Pffft...

Emperor

I must admit I had to check the date of this post but this is really impressive news. Thanks to Bolt for sorting this out, as well as well done to all the past Zarjaz contributors who have shown that it is possible to play with the goodies in the toy box without breaking them (or feeding parts of them to the dog, metaphorically).

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"
Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"Nick Dyer's Slaine and Ukko are superb

Yup- Nick is drawing my script- and when I saw these pics, I wee'ed myself a little bit.

Me too (on me, not you - that would be over-reacting).

If it was needed, this also underlines why Tharg was right to get him droidified.

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"maybe the epic Nemesis prequel I planned out a few years ago is not as dead-in-the-water as I thought...

Pity - I always thought his was great and more would have been good:

http://darkjimbo.deviantart.com/art/Nem ... y-38887720

I should also add that it is great to see Happy Shrapnel is going to get his day in the sun again (as opposed to his day in The Sun, we have ha too many tabloid revelations of robotic wrongdoing recently). Those early ABC Warriors adventures were in the first Progs I read (properly, there is the whole Space Spinner Saga which keeps me awake at night) and are high up on my "List of Things That Got Me Hooked on 2000 AD (and kept me going through thick and thin - some of it very thick and quite a bit was awfully thin)."
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dark Jimbo

QuoteMaybe the epic Nemesis prequel I planned out a few years ago is not as dead-in-the-water as I thought...

Then it'll have to be a Shako/Visible Man crossover spectacular!
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Nick Dyers style seems to have changed a little bit in comparison to his JD work a little while back.It looks a lot less cartoony [if thats the right description] and it works well with the character.The faces still have that unmistakable Nick Dyer look to them but  his style has more than a little of McMahons style of drawing about them.Not that that is a bad thing of course.....

Does anyone here know if Nick Dyer cites McMahon as an influence ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

James

That's quite a result!

I recall how adamant Mills was to not let anyone touch his stuff back in the old Zarjaz days - to have him turn around for you boys speaks volumes about the quality of your output.

Nice work to all involved.

Bolt-01

Many thanks for all the kind words, and can I remeind you that older issues of Zarjaz are all available from the FQP webshop?

Pete Wells

QuoteCan I remind you that older issues of Zarjaz are all available from the FQP webshop?

Only if you're some kind of whore, Bolt!

Emperor

He can't be that bad or he'd have also mentioned the film he is in.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

James

I thought that was The Big News. That Bolt 01 had successfully sued Disney for stealing his name and was going to retire from comic publishing and all the perils it brings to a tropical island he's bought with the payout.

Not too far off the mark, eh? :?

Bolt-01

I Wish. When the Bolt clan made our last trip to Disneyworld they were gearing up fot the release of this film. I 'think' Mini-Bolt got a decent photo of me nar the mahoosve poster, but I will have to look for it.

Mind- it is great to see wallets in the disney shop with Bolt on. :)