Main Menu

Zarjaz 07: The PAT MILLS special.

Started by Bolt-01, 18 February, 2009, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

That looks cool, but is does that mean Slaine will now be called Zlain from now on.

I would be most interested in obtaining one of those magazines.

That one in particular.

Can I order one from the online shop.

ThryllSeekyr

I reread the whole thrwead and now know where those are supposed to come from. Yet, I notice they perhaps aren't yet available.

Maybe early next month.

That cover is very eye catching. I would like to stufy that in detail.

Though, I have't heard of Dave Kendall or NIck Gyer.

Are they new to 2000AD?

Bolt-01

Hi Thryllseeker.

The comic will be available from the middle of May, or maybe just before. There will be links to the FQP shop all over the place then.

Dave Kendall isn't the most prolific Droid- but he's worked on these:

Cover Art   Artist   Series   Sub-title   Comic   Issue   DATE
Dave Kendall   Frazer Irving   Button Man   The Hitman's daughter   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Dom Reardon   Caballistics, inc.   Ashes   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Clint Langley   A.B.C. Warriors   The Volgan Wars   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Simon Davis   Stone Island   The Harrowers   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Colin Macneil   Judge Dredd   Test Flight   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Boo Cook   Dave Kendall   Blade Warrior   n   2000ad   Winter Special   02/11/2005
Laurence Campbell   Dave Kendall   Tales of TELGuuTH   The eternal life of Emperor Ygg   Prog   1370   10/12/2003

Nick Dyer is a relatively new droid as well-

Clint Langley   Nick Dyer   Future Shocks   The Lie   Prog   1611   05/11/2008
Karl Richardson   Nick Dyer   Future Shocks   Rogue Elements   Prog   1597   30/07/2008
Patrick Goddard   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1581   09/04/2008
Cliff Robinson   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1580   02/04/2008
Ian Richardson   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1579   26/03/2008
Simon Davis   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1578   19/03/2008
Patrick Goddard   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   Regrets   Prog   1577   12/03/2008

ThryllSeekyr

So t6i would seem that Slaine is only featured on the cover.

I was hoping there would be more inside.

Anyway, whats all this talk of tournaments?

Richmond Clements

QuoteSo t6i would seem that Slaine is only featured on the cover.

Were does it say that..? We haven't revealed what's in it yet.

QuoteAnyway, whats all this talk of tournaments?

Eh?

Bolt-01

Thrill- that was a list of what the droids have done, not what is going to be in the finest 2000ad small press release called Zarjaz 07.

There will be more than one strip featuring Slaine, trust me.

ThryllSeekyr

His Lordship Rac asked  about my question.......

QuoteAnyway, whats all this talk of tournaments?

Eh?

Yeah, Every now  and tI like to type the lettters SLAINE into the search engine on this site just to find out all about the Slaine topics.

There was another topic on this Forum about certain 2000AD characters including Slaine having battles.

I not sure how it goes, but this thread was referenced in a couple of the posts here.

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24292&p=417968&hilit=slaine#p417968

Emperor

Quote from: "Bolt-01"Hi Thryllseeker.

The comic will be available from the middle of May, or maybe just before. There will be links to the FQP shop all over the place then.

Dave Kendall isn't the most prolific Droid- but he's worked on these:

Dave Kendall   Frazer Irving   Button Man   The Hitman's daughter   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Dom Reardon   Caballistics, inc.   Ashes   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Clint Langley   A.B.C. Warriors   The Volgan Wars   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Simon Davis   Stone Island   The Harrowers   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Dave Kendall   Colin Macneil   Judge Dredd   Test Flight   Prog   1554   12/09/2007
Boo Cook   Dave Kendall   Blade Warrior   n   2000ad   Winter Special   02/11/2005
Laurence Campbell   Dave Kendall   Tales of TELGuuTH   The eternal life of Emperor Ygg   Prog   1370   10/12/2003

http://2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=prof ... ce=DAVIDKE

He has done quite a bit in other places:

http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=8995

You can download PDFs of Four Feet From a Rat (worth it just for Young Boris) which he has contributed to:

http://www.fourfeetfromarat.com

Quote from: "Bolt-01"Nick Dyer is a relatively new droid as well-

Clint Langley   Nick Dyer   Future Shocks   The Lie   Prog   1611   05/11/2008
Karl Richardson   Nick Dyer   Future Shocks   Rogue Elements   Prog   1597   30/07/2008
Patrick Goddard   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1581   09/04/2008
Cliff Robinson   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1580   02/04/2008
Ian Richardson   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1579   26/03/2008
Simon Davis   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   ...Regrets   Prog   1578   19/03/2008
Patrick Goddard   Nick Dyer   Judge Dredd   Regrets   Prog   1577   12/03/2008

Don't forget his early small press work!! ;)

http://2000ad.org/?zone=input&page=thri ... oice=nickd
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

I've just popped over to the Zarjaz site and ordered a whole bunch of stuff. Looking forward to that arriving, I can tell you. If I'm impressed- which there is very little chance I won't be, judging from what I've seen- I'll work my way through the Dogbreaths next. Alarmingly, there doesn't appear to be provision to buy ALL issues of DB on the site. My inner completist threw his Fisher Price electronux out of the pram at that! Please sort that so I can buy the whole lot in one lovely bundle. Then I shall start on Futurequake, etc. Ooh, this is exciting.

Eagrely awaiting a Thrill-Powered postie...

Steev

Richmond Clements

Hi Spooky.

Thing is- a lot of the older issues are either a) sold out or b) from a time before we were running the show, so we may not have access to copies of them.

I do know, however, that you will enjoy them, because they're bloody brilliant.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"Hi Spooky.

Thing is- a lot of the older issues are either a) sold out or b) from a time before we were running the show, so we may not have access to copies of them.

I do know, however, that you will enjoy them, because they're bloody brilliant.

Hey there,

(and as a sidenote, I really must change my screen name. Everytime someone calls me Spooky, I get the giggles. Spooky really is my cat, you see)

Anyway, yes, I thought it may well be something like that. All I can say is- reprint them! My inner-completist stopped caring about "second printing" on the indicia many moons ago. He just wants to be able to read them. I'd be more inclined to splash out on a bundle of them all, reprint or not, than dip in knowing that in all probability I've got years of fruitless eBay-trawling ahead of me. I was ecstatic to find the bundle of early Zarjazes at the bottom of the page. If I'd only been able toget #5 and #6, I may not have gone through with it. I KNOW how that sounds, but it's the somewhere-on-the-spectrum collector inside me, you see.

Anyway- it's a nice, easy payment page-so glad you have PayPal- and it's ensured I'll return to get more. One thing- after selecting my wares, I added an early, cheap DB as a sampler- but when it went to the 'basket' page, all my other items had disappeared, leaving only the solitary DB. I backed up, added another Zarjaz, went to the basket and they were all back- but the DB had gone. So I didn't order that. What's all that about?

So... many thanks and I'll be sure to let you know what I think!

Steev

Bolt-01

Hi Steev, The reason for the Dogbreath basket thing is that the older ones (up to 14) go to a different email address. I've gotten your order and hopefully I'll get it in the post tomorrow morning.

Believe me whenI tell you that you will like it.

As for the older issues- text features are starting to find their way onto the Queaquam blog, and we are saving strips for the pssibility of putting themout in bumper collections like the recent FQ Family special. I'd love to keep everything in print (and I'm grateful to Colin Dinnie for the box of older Zarjaz he gave me) but there is only so much space in the front room.

satchmo

Bolt- lulu.com might be a decent way of keeping stuff in print, like the Solar Wind Bumper Books. I think you can set a 0% profit price point too, if that was an issue with TMO.

SmallBlueThing

Hey Bolt,

Thanks for the quick turnaround- if my Slaine The Defiler novel turns up this week as well, I'm in for thrill-powered week.

I fully understand about the older DBs, etc. Space is a premium in my house too, and I don't publish any magazines. Should any of the "missing issues" fall into your lap though, let me know.

Splundigs,

Steev

ThryllSeekyr

'Slaine the Defiler'

The Slaine novels are  abit of a let down. The first one was better though.

You could say that there is a loss of thrillpower in the adaption.

I prefer the comics.

I wonder if Pat Mills  like them.
\
Regarding the up Zarjaz. where can I get a  link, as I can't even Google it.