Main Menu

What do the decimals mean in the meg issues?

Started by TheMightyOne, 02 October, 2012, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMightyOne

Are these meg issues megazine issues?
What do the decimals stand for? e.g:1.11
I want to but the complete case files but what do they mean?
Help!

JOE SOAP

Dark Jimbo

There were four 'volumes' of the Meg; from the 201st issue they dropped that format and started numbering consecutively, like the prog.

Volume 1: issues 1-20 (1-20)
    Volume 2: issues 1-83 (21-103)
    Volume 3: issues 1-79 (104-182)
    Volume 4: issues 1-18 (183-200)
    Volume 5: ongoing from issue 201
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

The Meg numbering is so needlessly confusing and weird.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: radiator on 02 October, 2012, 05:24:52 PM
The Meg numbering is so needlessly confusing and weird.

Yes it is. Putting together a complete collection together was very confusing to me...in fact, I'm sure I started a thread just like this several years ago!  :D

TheMightyOne

thanks for the advice guys, I wanted to buy the latest complete case files. I wanted to know what they were before buying. Also do they include all the stories in the meg or just the judge dredd ones, so not the judge death/anderson/ect.

TordelBack

The Dredd Casefiles only include stories that were orginally published as regular Judge Dredd strips.  Thus no oddities like America or The Dead Man, or spinoffs like Kenny Who?, Helltrekkers, Taxidermist, Young Death, Chopper etc.  Happily all these are available in other trade collections (well, except for Helltrekkers).

Aonghus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 October, 2012, 05:22:21 PM
There were four 'volumes' of the Meg; from the 201st issue they dropped that format and started numbering consecutively, like the prog.

Just out of curiosity, was there any rhyme or reason to when one Volume ended and the next began?

Grant Goggans

Yes.  Volume 2 starts when the comic went from monthly to fortnightly.  Volume 3 starts when they relaunched to coincide with the Stallone film.  Volume 4 starts when they moved to 100 pages and squarebound.  201 was back to saddlebound.

Aonghus

Bat King

I was going to answer 'Yes, marketing' but Grant answered with a perfect score.
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 October, 2012, 05:22:21 PM

And I'd ha\ve struggled on that one myself. Neatly done.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Bat King on 03 October, 2012, 12:03:59 PM
And I'd have struggled on that one myself. Neatly done.

Well I didn't even start reading until the tail end of volume 3. I cribbed the info off dear old Barney!
@jamesfeistdraws

Bat King

How honest of you! Some would just feign knowledge... lol
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

I, Cosh

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 03 October, 2012, 06:53:33 AM
Yes.  Volume 2 starts when the comic went from monthly to fortnightly.  Volume 3 starts when they relaunched to coincide with the Stallone film.  Volume 4 starts when they moved to 100 pages and squarebound.  201 was back to saddlebound.
Some might say that merely transfers the question about "rhyme or reason" down a level. The only ones that seem to make sense are relaunching for the film and the most recent 200th anniversary return to sequential numbering.
We never really die.