Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomontherun94

Quote from: leethomson on 05 April, 2024, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 04 April, 2024, 12:52:15 PMDid they ever do a corrected reprint of Snow/Tiger? I believe there was a problem with blurry pages and a missing page? Could be misremembering which volume it was though
Thirteen was blurry, with the wrong art. I was sent a replacement copy but it was exactly the same. I haven't read Snow/Tiger yet - will be annoyed if it has the same issues!
Yeah sorry, you're right it was Thirteen not Snow/Tiger!

Jade Falcon

I remember the Dredd Mega Collection War on the Streets had the text so heavily bolded that large parts were unreadable, replacements were just as bad.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Le Fink

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 April, 2024, 11:12:37 AMSo that Durham Red book sold out insanely quickly.
Dang. I missed it too. I usually preorder at Forbidden Planet but they can be slow/late to show it is available, and I was not on the ball this time.

The Lawless volume is currently for preorder at Forbidden Planet and I've put my order in.

IndigoPrime

Maybe a bunch will show up later, as happened with Leviathan. Fingers crossed. I've been phoning around today and none of the places I know that might have had a copy have stock. One local store says their distributor reckons it can get a copy in, but that it won't arrive until late May. I've no idea what that's all about, but I've said fine to that. (If I somehow magically end up with an extra copy, I'll let folks here know, in case anyone still needs one.)

castle4

If anyone comes across a copy of issue 150 - Kingdom vol 3 for sale, please let me know, it's the only volume I'm missing. Many thanks

Swerty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 April, 2024, 04:23:33 PMMaybe a bunch will show up later, as happened with Leviathan. Fingers crossed. I've been phoning around today and none of the places I know that might have had a copy have stock. One local store says their distributor reckons it can get a copy in, but that it won't arrive until late May. I've no idea what that's all about, but I've said fine to that. (If I somehow magically end up with an extra copy, I'll let folks here know, in case anyone still needs one.)

There's a cheap one on eBay at the moment but don't tell anyone

IndigoPrime

Best packaging effort yet from Hachette. I order four books. What's delivered: a card envelope minus the books.

karlos

Le Fink

I had a recent order fail with Hachette. I made the mistake of ordering some Rebellion books and Marvel books in the same order. This was obviously a step too far and they only delivered the Rebellion books. To be fair when this was pointed out they didn't argue and sent the marvel books. But they did say they were "resending" them. Yeah, OK guys!

IndigoPrime

I just got a reply that they'll resend them. Hopefully someone might use some tape this time, so £44 of books don't fall out of the package in transit. (Still, that beats when I bought a whole bunch of books one time – 20 or so. They were sent in two huge boxes with no padding at all. About a third of them were so badly damaged that I demanded replacements. Hachette did send them, to its credit. But it always annoys me when 20p of packaging and two minutes of time could have stopped the need to send £60+ of replacement stock.)

levers

Yikes. Hopefully the 3 books I ordered won't suffer a similar fate!

Barrington Boots

I was coming here to chat about how good Armoured Gideon is but IP's tale of woe makes me think that should be a discussion for another day.

(It's great)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Very glad to hear it. Mine arrived yesterday but, beyond checking that they delivered the right books, I haven't had a look yet.
Armoured Gideon belongs to the darkening days when I was falling out of love with the prog, so I was in two minds about revisiting. I only bought it to bulk up my order and justify the outrageous postal charges that Brexit is inflicting.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

IndigoPrime

Hey, I look at my missing books in another light: how frustrated would I have been had I managed to snag the last copy of Durham Red and that not rocked up?

Swerty

The Durham Red book is now in stock at Forbidden Planet