Main Menu

Tor Cyan cover by Jock

Started by Wake, 09 May, 2002, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

Jock has just sent me a Tor Cyan cover, which will see print soon along with the last ever Tor Cyan starting in prog 1295 with a
double length episode, and finishing in 1299.  

Wake

Link: Click here to enlarge

Mudcrab

He he, that's superb. Ridiculously BIG guns, that's what we want!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

That looks really good... is Jock doing the art for the whole story?  

Squibbs! (That's fingers crossed to those not in the know)
Better set your phaser to stun.

JTurner

That's great. Get Jock onto the next Rogue Trooper project! Who cares about Freudian associations with big phallic symbols, if we can't get intellectualism, big red hot guns are the next best thing.

jock

Yep, I am doing the art for the whole story, I'm halfway through pt5 of 6, before moving on to the two part Lenny Zero story 'wipeout' for the Meg. It's Cyan's last ever outing before Rogue restarts in prog 1300.

Mudcrab

Superb! Glad to hear it. Aaaah, more Lenny Zero, about time too! I take it Andy Diggle's writing it yeah?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Ah, splendid, my Grobbendoug's working now!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

jock

Oh yes, this two parter has Lenny confronting Little Ceaser from the first story, and basically ties up loose threads into a tidy (reprintable)44 pages.  Then, wasting no time, straight onto a 6 parter called 'Zero's 7' which transfers to the weekly, and is due to start in prog 2003. It'll change from b/w to full colour (of sorts) to mark the transfer, but will keep to a restrained palette...maybe keep with mainly greys with one strong colour used for each different plot...we'll see. That'll be either coloured by Chris Blythe, or myself on my shiny new Mac (Hi)  What do people think of it changing over to 2000?

ukdane

I liked the idea of Zero being a Megazine character, the Megazine has, so far, produced very few memorable characters, it would be nice if it had some it could call it's own, instead of sharing them with 2000ad. It's a similar argument to whether Missionary Man should be in 2000ad or Megazine.
Cheers

-Daney

Mudcrab

That's a good point, assuming that the Meg is still supposed to be 'the world of Dredd'. Saying that, it also may introduce more readers to the Meg if the same character is in both now and again. Kind of the same idea behind Judgement Day and Doomsday, but more subtle :-)

As for my personal opinion, I don't really have one. I get both so... wait, hold on, Lenny in tooth means we'd get him every week rather than waiting an eternity, well, 4 weeks for the next part. So yeah, I think it's a good idea.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

W. R. Logan

>What do people think of it changing over to 2000?

I'd prefer to see it stay with the megazine, but if its to reach a wider audience who want to see more of Jocks artwork then so be it.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/gallery/jock.gif">

plastikman

Love the pic - think the colours are great!

Without trying to turn this into a "meet the fans" session - which artists give you inspiration?

Moving off-topic - have 2000ad ever though of gettng 1 artist to draw a whole issue? or has this been done?

plastikman.

plastikman

Aren't we spoilt? - a sneak preview of Jocks ace artwork and plastikman's exicting world cup artist thingy - on one board wow it's good to be alive.

plastikman.

ukdane

There have been a couple of issues, with only one strip, (Slaine, Rogue vs Dredd, and Dredd's City of the damned revisit), they have all been drawn purely by one artist. Or doesn't that count?

If this is the last Tor Cyan, does this mean he's being killed of, in favour of bringing back original rogue stories (yeah!)?
Cheers

-Daney

plastikman

I was thinking more of your regular prog -  5 different strips but with the same artist - a bit like the Beano :) - I reckon a Kev Walker special might go down well.